• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crumpler's Agent Denies Report Of Titanic Deal

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 9:07 p.m. EST, March 2, 2008

CRUMPLER'S AGENT DENIES REPORT OF TITANIC DEAL

In response to a report that tight end Alge Crumpler has agreed to terms with the Tennessee Titans, Crumpler's agent denied that a deal is done.

''Where did you see that report?" agent James Williams told TitansRadio.com. "We talked on Sunday, lets put it that way. He has not signed a contract nor agreed to anything.''

Stay tuned.

------------------------------------------------------------

I hope Buffalo can get him on the cheap end (ie. 2 years 2 million with a few mill in performance bounces)
    If not o'well we can draft someone.

2 years 2 mill +, good luck.

Comment

I'm the new guy

Well, this would royally suck. I was under the slim hopes that my Hawks would be able to get Crumpler with their limited cap space, but it seems not. I usually take what agents say as a complete opposite of the truth. So, by his comments I'd say there is an agreement in place.....Sh*t!!!!!!!!!!

DAK
      "I'm coming for you Murdock"

sigpic

Comment

Yeah I figured Seattle really had their sights set on him.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I'm the new guy

Yeah, I read the Seattle Times, P.I. and the Tacoma News Tribune every day trying to keep up with my local sports since I live in New England now, but I haven't heard any details at all about why they let him walk out. I don't know if he wanted too much money or if he didn't like the organization or what. I was hoping that since we have his former head coach, his former gm and a couple former teammates that maybe would influence him more, but I guess the all important dollar speaks louder than pals.

The ***** of it is the Hawks window is about as closed as you can get with Hass and Walt being a few steps from wearing Pauly Walnut shoes at a resort in Florida and them drafting a TE will take atleast a year or two to be really effective in the WCO.

DAK

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
            2 years 2 mill +, good luck.
            2 mill a year and performance bounces for a few million.
            not 2 years 1 million a year.

Comment

Titanic, I get it, finally.

2 years with the Titans probably isn't too titanic though.

Comment

I'll throw out a prediction....4 years $11.5 - $3 mill. bonus

DAK

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dumb Azz Kracka View Post

DAK
                  NFLN says it's a 2-year contract. I'll guess 5 mill with 3 bonus.

Comment

DAK
                    I'll pass then

Comment

Crumpler has lost it and never will get it back.

Comment

A 2 yr contract huh? I guess that's why I'm not in Vegas making predictions. HA

DAK

sigpic

Comment

A 2 yr contract huh? I guess that's why I'm not in Vegas making predictions. HA

DAK
                          LOL, me too.

Comment

So hey, 49'ersfan. Are we going to have a little fun ribbing eachother this year or what? One of the FFL I'm in there is a big time 9'er fan and we started last year off betting an authentic jersey on who'd win the NFC West, so now I'm waiting to try and find out what player to pick for my jersey. The problem with the Hawks is they don't have a certain one guy that is a perennial superstar that you're sure if going to be around for years to come. Tatupu is the only guy that really fits that mold and for some reason he just doesn't strike me as one of those "badass" guys you put on the back of your jersey, like for instance a Willis or something.

I think you guys have quite a few solid pieces to your team and have the making of a solid contender in a year or two except your biggest problem just happens to be the most important part of your team. You guys need to stick with one damn offensive system long enough to figure out if Alex Smith really sucks as bad as he looks like he does.

DAK

sigpic

Comment

Thankfully, we do have some good pieces of our team. Believe me, Smith sucks. He cannot avoid the rush.

Comment

Working...
                              X