X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears finally making some moves

Well The Bears resign Briggs which is huge and now they trade Griese
    http://www.suntimes.com/sports/82297...030308.article

The biggest question mark is still at our QB but word is that we may go afetr Mendenhall in thi years draft whcih would be great! Then maybe a QB in rd 2?
    Check out my new site Today!
    Live 4 The Story

If they can get one of the stud RB's in the first...they absolutely better go O-line in the 2nd. They've proven they can get by with Orton or Grossman at QB (thanks in large part to their defense).

I think their biggest need is at O-line and now WR.
    "I love me some me!"

Comment

I really don't consider this a move but it frees up some cap room. I hope we add another guy or 2 on the cheap. We'll see. I'm not huge on any qb in this years draft and wouldn't care if we waited til the 3rd or later to address it. We absolutely need to address OL though. I'm praying we can land Clady (more wishful thinking) or Chris Williams. Then James Hardy Devin Thomas Felix Jones in the 2nd. Hopefully we could nab a OG/OT in the 3rd. Chilo Rachial we be nice.
      Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
        I really don't consider this a move but it frees up some cap room. I hope we add another guy or 2 on the cheap. We'll see. I'm not huge on any qb in this years draft and wouldn't care if we waited til the 3rd or later to address it. We absolutely need to address OL though. I'm praying we can land Clady (more wishful thinking) or Chris Williams. Then James Hardy Devin Thomas Felix Jones in the 2nd. Hopefully we could nab a OG/OT in the 3rd. Chilo Rachial we be nice.
        I think that would be a great draft for you. My Bears mock :
        1. Chris Williams
        2. Devin Thomas/Limas Sweed/Other WR
        3. Kevin Smith/Jamaal Charles/Other RB
        4. JDB/Joe Flacco/Kevin O'Connell/Other QB
        5. Mike McGlynn (plays OG and OT)

Comment

Out of those I'd prefer
          Sweed
          Smith
          Flacco
          That would be a great draft.
          Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

i would want sweed/charles/o'connell

Comment

Hey '9ers, I don't wanna be the co*k knocker who goes and tries to correct people's mocks and then doesn't list a better option instead. People like that irritate me, but maybe that's why I pi$$ myself off all the time cuz that's what I'm about to do, lol.

Your previous post you listed your Bears Mock and if things do play out like you said I personally think that would be one of the all time great drafts (on paper of course). Getting Williams in the 1st would be a good value pick considering their obvious need. After that your mock gets a bit sticky for me. I don't see Thomas or Sweed lasting to the middle of the 2nd round, but if for some reason one of them did that would be a stellar first day for the Bears. Getting a Jamaal Charles or a Kevin Smith in the 3rd round would be great also. I personally don't see Charles lasting past the 2nd round and even though Smith is listed as a 4th round choice on Walt's Mock I don't think he'd be any worse than a 2nd round choice in any other year that's not loaded with this type of depth at the position. So, I think either Charles or Smith would be great value in the 3rd. The thought of Flacco lasting 'till the 4th is boggling to me, and I think something drastic would have to happen between now and April for that to happen, but you never know.

I'm not trying to bust any chops here. That's seriously not my point. I'm more just looking at your mock and thinking that would be a best possible scenario for the Bears, and if somehow that does play out then I'd be thoroughly impressed. They'd have four offensive players to build around from one draft. I don't know when the last time that kind of quality was achieved in on shot.

I'm curious what kind of similar dream draft you could come up with for my Hawks that I could fantasize about, lol. I seriously need some help these days. Things are looking bleak.

DAK
              "I'm coming for you Murdock"

sigpic

Comment

Flacco may drop, I've heard teams aren't high on him since his only strength is his arm strength. As for Smith, he will be a 4th round pick, believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog0123 View Post
                  i would want sweed/charles/o'connell
                  Bears need a compliment to Benson and Jamaal Charles is not that. Charles cant block or run between the tackles and also fumbles.
                  Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

and benson cant do anything

Comment

Looks like most of you guys are all over Sweed. He kind of dissapointed me last year but I see the skill there so I'll semi-hop on your bandwagon
                      Check out my new site Today!
                      Live 4 The Story

Comment

It's kinda hard to catch a ball with one healthy hand, though.

DAK

sigpic

Comment

I hope AZ takes Mendenhall so hopefully Chicago will go WR (which i think they will)
                          www.Elemental-Designs.com

Comment

I'm hoping the Cards look at their secondary as their weakest link and draft accordingly...there are a few teams the Hawks have to wait out to get Stewart and between you guys, the Bears and the Texans it's going to be a nerve racking first round.

DAK

sigpic

Comment

I think the Bears will go TE before they go WR in round 1.
                              Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Working...
                              X