??? For All You Player Ranking Experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??? For All You Player Ranking Experts

I'm new to the site and have a question regarding a specific draft dilemma I've been dealing with for the last week or so. I can't seem to decide who I hope the Seahawks draft in the 1st round. Maybe some of you can expand my knowledge with your thoughts.

Given the Hawks major needs versus the players that are valued at or around the 25th overall pick I've narrowed down my 1st round wish list to 1 player from 3 different positions.

Jonathan Stewart - RB - Oregon Ducks
    Branden Albert - OG - Virginia Cavaliers
    Kentwan Balmer - DT - North Carolina Tarheels

My question is if all three are available by the Hawks' 25th pick, who would be the best selection and why?

If they go Stewart in the 1st maybe they could pick up Pat Sims or Red Bryant (DT) in the 2nd and Chilo Rachal, Roy Schuening, or Drew Radovich (OG) in the 3rd.

If they go Branden Albert in the 1st maybe they could go Jamaal Charles or Chris Johnson (RB) in the 2nd and Trevor Laws, Marcus Harrison, or DeMario Pressley (DT) in the 3rd.

If they go Kentwan Balmer in the 1st maybe they could go with the previously listed RB's in the 2nd and the previously listed OG's in the 3rd.

This obviously is leaving out another major hole on the team in TE, but that doesn't fit considering there isn't a TE worthy of a 1st round pick among the players I listed.

Personally, I'm leaning toward my first scenario since I'm very high on Stewart, but I'm curious what others think of the accumulative talent combination when you add all three rounds together given these options.

DAK
    "I'm coming for you Murdock"

sigpic

i say go jonathan stewart in the first

Comment

If Stewart is there I say take him.
      Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

What options for the 2nd and 3rd rounds then?

DAK

sigpic

Comment

2. maybe fred davis
          3. maybe o-line

Comment

LOL, thanks bulldog, I appreciate the help. I can tell you're an artistic personality. I ask you to paint within the lines and you're all over the canvas. I agree that Fred Davis probably would be the best choice in the 2nd, but that doesn't exactly fit my given question. I was throwing out a scenario wondering what combination of players would present the best 3 round mock given those specific positions. I agree that Stewart is the top prospect of any that I listed, but I am wondering if given the combination of all the prospects whether the scenario with Stewart provides the best overall talent combination.

I also agree with you that Davis would be solid choice in the 2nd, but that's for a different discussion.

All joking aside thanks for the input and in a real life situation I probably would pick Stewart first and Davis second if he was available. Just trying to think outside the box here.

DAK

sigpic

Comment

Kinda tough to do a one team 3 round mock without doing the other 31 teams. My philosophy has always been that round 1 goes more for specific need but then once you get past that you go "best athlete available".

Better question....what do you do if Stewart gets picked earlier? No way you pick an OG in round 1! Gotta be Balmer. Then, do you still go after Davis in round 2? He's the top TE, I don't think he falls that far either.

And so it goes....

Comment

I hope they don't select Stewert. He's going to be a stud and I don't want him running wild on the cards.
                www.Elemental-Designs.com

Comment

Then you guys should draft Balmer to "offset" Stewart. Ha, see what I did there?

God, I'm a moron.

DAK

sigpic

Comment

You're not a moron.....you're a dumb azz kracka

Comment

Question for you AZ guy....how are the people down there feeling towards Leinart after his injury? I really like the guy and think he eventually will be a pretty formidable qb in the league. Are the locals wanting to throw him out of town yet?

DAK

sigpic

Comment

It is pretty much split down the middle. Some of us, like me, see him as our QB of the future, while others want to give the job to Warner since he looked pretty good this year. Leinart has already been named the starter for next season, so hopefully he will produce for us before the whole town turns on him.

Comment

Johanathan Stewart. That said, he won't be available at 25.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                            Johanathan Stewart. That said, he won't be available at 25.
                            I agree, with this, but approaching the problem hypothetically, the DT class has a very quick dropoff. Much faster than the RBs. Stewart is unlikely to be available, more like Felix Jones, however I think Balmer is the pick, as you could still pick up Charles (good luck), Johnson or even a Matt Forte later on.

Comment

Stewart if available, then I choose Balmer.

Comment

Working...
                              X