Moss signs w/ Patriots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moss signs w/ Patriots

Was watching ESPN and saw Randy Moss signed a 3 yr deal with that Pats. I'm actually surprised at this since he could have gotten much more $$ somewhere else I guess maybe he would rather win
    Check out my new site Today!
    Live 4 The Story

I'm actually not all that shocked that he did this. I remember a couple years ago when he was playing with the Raiders he had a radio show that I listened to quite often and he, for all his negative reputation, genuinely sounded like a guy who wanted to win more than anything. He's in a situation where he has the "respect", he has the "team", and he already has more money than he knows what to do with, so considering his options elsewhere this was obviously his best one. And it's not like 8 or 9 mill a year is anything to squawk about.

He's already been on crappy teams with crappy qb's, so I never really bought into the rumors that he and the over-the-hill Daunte were going to meet up somewhere.

DAK
    "I'm coming for you Murdock"

sigpic

Comment

When I read the title of this thread, I thought you meant Moose Muhammed.

Comment

LOL, that funny.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
          LOL, that funny.
          Well, I thought he signed with the Panthers again, however Moose to the Pats wouldn't be that bad. A wily vet to line up opposite Moss, with Welker in the slot. More believable than Miami trading for the #1 pick .

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
            Well, I thought he signed with the Panthers again, however Moose to the Pats wouldn't be that bad. A wily vet to line up opposite Moss, with Welker in the slot. More believable than Miami trading for the #1 pick .
            I thought Miami already had the #1 pick?!?!?!

DAK

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dumb Azz Kracka View Post
              I thought Miami already had the #1 pick?!?!?!

DAK
              My bad, Dallas. You knew what I meant!

Comment

The Eagles reportedly offered Randy Moss more money but he turned it down to stay with the Pats. Good for him.
                2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                  The Eagles reportedly offered Randy Moss more money but he turned it down to stay with the Pats. Good for him.
                  This makes me wonder about the hidden costs of going to another team. I read an article about John Lynch staying on with the Broncos for less than he could have gotten elsewhere. He's settled in Denver, his kids go to school there and he's happy.

I'm sure all the fuss and expense of relocating would be a big factor for a lot of these people.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
                    My bad, Dallas. You knew what I meant!
                    Yeah, I know...I was just giving you a hard time, lol.

DAK

sigpic

Comment

With players getting mega $$$ from endorsements, I don't know why more players don't take pay cuts to help free up cap room.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                        With players getting mega $$$ from endorsements, I don't know why more players don't take pay cuts to help free up cap room.
                        I've always thought this too. I mean if you're a really talented really marketable guy (think Peyton Manning - though he's not really marketable, he is the market), and you get more for endorsements than your contract is worth. Why not take less money knowing that it enables your club to sign better players, thereby increasing playoff potential, thereby increasing your endorsements.

I know this wouldn't work for everyone, but some of these really top guys demand so much money it cripples the cap for the team.

Comment

Working...
                        X