Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos' Thomas arrested on cocaine suspicion

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8436952

Cocaine, "a green leafy substance" and a gun. Man, brother knows how to have a good time.

Wow I didn't see that one coming.

Didn't this guy have character issues or something?
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
      Wow I didn't see that one coming.

Didn't this guy have character issues or something?
      Is that sarcastic. I remember he was a pretty big talent at Miami, but had a few marijuana (green leafy substance?) problems. Denver took a flyer on him, well back to the DT drawing board I guess.

Comment

Some scouts said they wouldn't touch teh kid with a 10 foot pole. I was shocked when a team TRADED UP for him. Broncos deserves everything that comes their way with the problems Thomas will bring them.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Yeah it was sarcastic - he had major character issues.
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Ok, first why do they say allegedly when describing what was found in the glove box? Either the cops found the crap or they didn't. You can say it was allegedly his or he allegedly knew about it, but how can the cops allegedly find something? I don't know why but that really bugs the hell out of me. Here is something I found on dictionary.com that is pretty similar in describing my nitpicking frustration with this garbage.

" Usage Note: An alleged burglar is someone who has been accused of being a burglar but against whom no charges have been proved. An alleged incident is an event that is said to have taken place but has not yet been verified. In their zeal to protect the rights of the accused, newspapers and law enforcement officials sometimes misuse alleged. Someone arrested for murder may be only an alleged murderer, for example, but is a real, not an alleged, suspect in that his or her status as a suspect is not in doubt. Similarly, if the money from a safe is known to have been stolen and not merely mislaid, then we may safely speak of a theft without having to qualify our description with alleged."

Second, for some reason when I see a professional athlete who has his Uncle or H.S. coach, lol, as his damn agent I see a red flag. I don't know why but something just screams "mafia" to me when this happens. I don't know how many times recently I've heard in the news about some professional idiot getting in trouble and his Uncle or "family friend" as his agent is making some dumb comment to reporters. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

DAK
            "I'm coming for you Murdock"

sigpic

Comment

Learned in journalism class - they put allegedly just in case the cops screw up. If that happens, the newspaper can get sued out of their ass. It's happened before.
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

QFT - JOU class = boring by the way. Glad I got out of that major it is hard to have a future in journalism ... much less a well paying future.

Comment

Well there are opportunities - they're just far and few between.
                  2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Walter are you going to pursue some other kind of a master's degree?

Comment

So, lemme get this straight. The newspaper says that these cops allegedly pulled a white substance, that was later field tested to be cocaine, a leafy green substance (not very descriptive) and a handgun out of the glove box. The cocaine was field tested and proved not to be talcum powder, lol, the green leafy substance doesn't even paint them in a corner unless all green leafy substances are now banned in Florida and the gun I'm sure is pretty self explanatory unless it was really a twinkie on a stick. I guess I don't understand where the alleged part comes in. It would make complete sense if it was stated that the white substance was allegedly cocaine or the metal L-shaped contraption was allegedly a handgun but did the cops allegedly seize these materials from the glove box? No, they did in fact seize them from the glove box.

This is why I wouldn't ever be a lawyer...when something like this came up in court I'd tell the judge he was a dumbazz and get sent to jail on contempt charges....that and I'm not smart enough to make it through law school.

DAK

sigpic

Comment

lol yeah but hey this is a dumb world. People HATE honesty.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                          Walter are you going to pursue some other kind of a master's degree?
                          Eh... thinking about it but not sure. I don't know what I would do that in.
                          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Yeah DAK, it's ridiculous, but in a world where people are suing everyone for anything, you have to be careful if you're a member of the media.
                            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

If it's so easy to be sued in the media how has McShay not been sued yet? If you read Matt's blog about McShay you'd think the guy was already in stripes.

Speaking of McShay I'm watching the NFL Network right now and Mayock just allegedly called him a homo.

DAK

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X