Brett Favre has decided to retire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brett Favre has decided to retire?

FoxSports.com's Jay Glazer reports that Brett Favre has decided to retire.

Favre reportedly told the Packers within the past few days. The delay in the news becoming official, which it isn't yet, could indicate the Packers are still hoping he changes his mind.
    Source: FOXSports.com

Here is what it said on ESPN. I wonder how many Paker fans are crying today. Basically taken from foxsports.com

ESPN
    "Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre has decided to retire, ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting.

Mortensen reported that according to Favre's agent, Bus Cook, Favre has informed Packers coach Mike McCarthy of his decision.

Foxsports.com first reported Favre's decision."
    Check out my new site Today!
    Live 4 The Story

Comment

favre is one of the best ever but this might not be terible for the pack, rodgers showed up big in the cowboys game as his time has come
      Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

how sad is it tho that his last pass was an INT? I honestly thought that simple fact was enough to make him come back.

Oh well, he did break just about every possible passing record. Sad to see him go he is a legend. I always called him the Clint Eastwood of the NFL.
        NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

Wow. Can't say I saw that coming. I'm glad for Rodgers though, as now he'll get a chance to show what he's got.

One thing that has always been on my mind about Favre. Remember years ago when it came out that he was addicted to painkillers? My best friend is a Pharmacist, and he said that based on the amount of pills he was said to have been taking, over the period of time he was taking them, he basically deystroyed his liver, and would be facing serious complications down the road. I wonder if that at all contributed to his decision?

Comment

Good. He's older than dirt

Comment

You can't say enough good things about Favre. He will go down as one of the greatest in history.

My Lions won't have to face him twice a year anymore. Enjoy retirement Brett!!!

Comment

I have a theory. It iscompletely gripped out of the blue with nothing to back it, but it is still a theory.

I think that it was easier on Favre to retire this year since he was leaving GB and Rodgers with a good team which not was the fact after last season. This year the packers showed that they have a lot of young talent and if the players continue their development and a few players steps up as leaders of the offense (Driver and Lee come to mind) I think the transition to Rodgers an be pretty smooth.
                Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

Guys like Donald Lee will get shown up in this offense to be average without Favre.

With that being said I think Green Bay should be ok, Rodgers has had an age to sit out improve and learn, hes actually had longer than Tony Romo and we seen how good that was for him.

Comment

It'll be an interesting battle between the Pack and Vikes for first place in the north. Lions will be worse than last year, but the Bears, I'm thinking like 4 wins if they are lucky.
                    NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

I read an article that said he retired because "the Packers didn't make him feel like they wanted him". Give me a break! He is such a drama queen! Granted, the guy is/was a helluva QB and he's hall of fame bound...but don't boo-hoo because no one made you feel wanted. You're BRETT FREAKIN FAVRE for god's sake! Ofcourse they want you! He could have done it in a classy way...but he hasn't been capable of doing that for the last 2 years because he strung out the drama last year too. C'mon Bretta Favre...be a man about it atleast!
                      "I love me some me!"

Comment

Who do you guys think will go to GB to be a backup for Rodgers? Culpepper? Gray?
                        Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

Packers probably draft a QB in the middle rounds.
                          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                            Packers probably draft a QB in the middle rounds.
                            Yeah. I'm thinking JDB or Ainge.

Comment

4 Wins for the Bears are you serious? They will be an 8-8 team this year. Vikings won't have a suprise RB anymore and I don't feel are great in the QB area I don't see them doing great. This division will be terrible and anyone of these 4 teams could win
                              Check out my new site Today!
                              Live 4 The Story

Comment

Working...
                              X