Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browns and Packers Offseasons

Cleveland:

The Browns have done a wonderful job this offseason. WR Dante Stallworth, DT Shaun "Burger King' Rogers, DT/DE Corey Williams, QB Derek Anderson, and S Nick Sorensen. This propells Cleveland into the top of the AFC improving an already prolific offense and bolstering a rather pothetic Defensive Line.

Needs:
    Trading Leigh Bodden leaves a gaping hole at the cornerback spot. None of the other young corners are ready to claim the #1 spot. Also Offensive Guard is needed with their Right Guard spot litterally empty.

Green Bay:

Brett Favre retiring is a huge blow, however the staff says Aaron Rogers is ready. He won't be as productive as Favre but maybe watching him for two years let him learn a few things. The Packers have made no attempt to improve their team thus far and have let go some good players. Hopefully the Draft will help their needs.

Needs:
    With Corey Williams gone a Defensive End to replace him is a must. Another athletic linebacker would also help a defense that appears ready to ascend the to the top of the league. However their most pressing need is Tight End where the Packers have no safety valve to help a quarterack when they are in trouble.

Now that I am back in action let's see if this can't spurr a little interrest.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Corey Williams = DT

Comment

He may play opposite Rogers in the 3-4. That's why I put DT/DE.
      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

"Needs:
        With Corey Williams gone a Defensive End to replace him is a must. "

Comment

Oh, my bad. I been gone a few days, little rusty.

Comment

Clevleand had a good offseason, but Stallworth came at a price. Derek Anderson needs to be traded. If they can get a first round pick or more for him, I say they had a great offseason. That needs to happen though.

It's important to recognize the bust factors of Shaun Rogers and Corey Williams. It's possible, but they look like big upgrades over what they had last year.
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

That is what I posted this as, a huge upgrade over last year for Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                Clevleand had a good offseason, but Stallworth came at a price. Derek Anderson needs to be traded. If they can get a first round pick or more for him, I say they had a great offseason. That needs to happen though.

It's important to recognize the bust factors of Shaun Rogers and Corey Williams. It's possible, but they look like big upgrades over what they had last year.
                Sometimes taking an oppisite oppion makes you seem not as smart as you are. We got Stallworth at 5 mil a year. For a solid, proven number 2 WR (number one on some teams), I don't think that is over payed.

The DA signing was a GREAT, GREAT, GREAT move. First, there is no reason to think he wouln't imporve over last year. You may say look at the last half of the season and the numbers went down. That is true, however there were a few factors that may have played a role. One factor was the weather. Two games come to mind, Buffalo and Cinn. There was a snow storm in the Buffalo game and bad winds in the Cinn. game (even Palmer had a bad game.). A second factor was, team started to take away the long ball and would only give up the short pass. That was an area which Anderson struggled with and coming into his second playing season I think he will learn how to adjust better. Futher more we have two quality starting QB's potentialy, not to may teams can say that. Finaly if DA has another good year he or Brady will be worth even more next year.

Also having draft pick is not the end all be all. However the browns still have 4-7 picks and by not having a 1-3 pick, this should allow the browns to focus there attention on finding one or two dimonds in the ruff.

So that my take Matt, let the battel begin.

Comment

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that the Browns signed Shaun Rogers to a six-year, $42 million contract. $20 million is guaranteed.

Comment

Ummm, if Anderson cant take the weather one year it wont get better. I am not a huge fan of Anderson. Not much of one at all because he is so inaccurate. That inaccuracy gets players hurt (Kellen Winslow's shoulder). But another year of Quinn sitting may do him good.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                      Ummm, if Anderson cant take the weather one year it wont get better. I am not a huge fan of Anderson. Not much of one at all because he is so inaccurate. That inaccuracy gets players hurt (Kellen Winslow's shoulder). But another year of Quinn sitting may do him good.
                      Guess what Joey, that bike accident didn't help him. Your right about the accuracy issue, I'm not to high on Anderson either because of that myself, however I think we are a better team having him then not. JMO

Comment

If his accuracy improves I'll be Jidder bugging to "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go!" for a month. So we cross our fingers and wait.

I will admitt the motor cycle thing may have weakened his shoulder but I saw how he fell on it when it happened trying to catch that pass and being a former player and coach that looked like an immediate seperated shoulder.

Comment

corey williams wasn't that good, and DT was the deepest position on the team anyway.

Maybe the packers will bring in harrington to compete with Nall for backup.

Comment

Trust me GG. Watching every game last year it looked like the Browns were playing the Patriots every week. The Browns moves improved the team defense ten-fold. These guys all look like All-Pro compared to last years line. Even Shaun "The Hambergler" Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by gq4ever View Post
                              Sometimes taking an oppisite oppion makes you seem not as smart as you are. We got Stallworth at 5 mil a year. For a solid, proven number 2 WR (number one on some teams), I don't think that is over payed.

The DA signing was a GREAT, GREAT, GREAT move. First, there is no reason to think he wouln't imporve over last year. You may say look at the last half of the season and the numbers went down. That is true, however there were a few factors that may have played a role. One factor was the weather. Two games come to mind, Buffalo and Cinn. There was a snow storm in the Buffalo game and bad winds in the Cinn. game (even Palmer had a bad game.). A second factor was, team started to take away the long ball and would only give up the short pass. That was an area which Anderson struggled with and coming into his second playing season I think he will learn how to adjust better. Futher more we have two quality starting QB's potentialy, not to may teams can say that. Finaly if DA has another good year he or Brady will be worth even more next year.

Also having draft pick is not the end all be all. However the browns still have 4-7 picks and by not having a 1-3 pick, this should allow the browns to focus there attention on finding one or two dimonds in the ruff.

So that my take Matt, let the battel begin.
                              1. It is still a lot of money to pay a #2 WR. Especially when you can draft one in the 3rd round for 10 times cheaper.

2. The weather wasn't a factor in Cincy. He made so many bad decisions and bad throws, with the shady line even Walter and I consider he could have thrown that game.

3. If DA has another good year, then what are you going to do about Quinn? His value could diminish in being on the bench for another year. Anderson's value could diminish DRAMATICALLY if he sucks next year and the Browns lost out on adding a 1st round pick in 2008. That is the main reason why I say take the 1st round pick now and trade Anderson.

4. No if Rogers and Williams turn out to be very good players then they were worth trading away the picks. But not having any draft picks to continue building your team is never a good thing. History says building through the draft is the smartest move and investing heavily into trading away draft picks is a bad move. That's just what history says.
                              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Working...
                              X