Seahawks Management reaches new low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seahawks Management reaches new low

Signing RB T.J Ducket? A guy who couldn't get on the field in Detroit. Get him to pair with the weight gaining, yard losing, gray hair gaining Shaun Alexander and I ask you...who hired the front office?
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

It's not a pair, it probably means they're going to cut Alexander.

But yeah, five years? WTF?
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

The signing would have been ok if it was one or two years at the most. But 5 years...crazy, I assume that the contract is front loaded.
      www.Elemental-Designs.com

Comment

On the surface it probably looks retarded for the 5 years, but I'll wait until the details of the deal come out before I pass judgement. They have a habit of doing their deals this way. They'll agree on a signing bonus amount then they'll extend the amount of years by a couple to decrease the amount of a cap hit for THIS year as much as possible. Especially this year with our cap being so tight, I'm assuming that's what they're doing with the intent that they can get him with the lowest cap hit possible and then worry about it later when his production declines. I agree though, that this is just another sign of their plans for SA. That is pretty much the exact thing they did with Nate Burleson. He got that whopping deal a few years ago, but it looked way higher on the surface than what it really was. It was a 7 year deal that was backloaded as much as possible and with a really low signing bonus compared to the amount overall. There was no intent on it lasting more than 3 years without restructuring and I'm sure their thinking is the same with Duckett. It's a sneaky way to get around the cap in the short term, but later on you have dead money all over the place ala Dan Snyder. They obviously see a window of opportunity of about 2 years before they know they need to blow this whole thing up and start over like the Sonics.

DAK
        "I'm coming for you Murdock"

sigpic

Comment

This was a Jim Mora Jr. deal. He drafted him in Atlanta I believe and wanted him in Seattle. Still doesn't change their draft need for a RB.
          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Just draft Stewart or Mendenhall.

Comment

They probably won't be there. Seattle will have to trade up
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Ducket would be a great every other series third down back. However he is not capable or dedicated enough to carry the full load at this point in his career. I was a huge ducket fan when he came out of collage but he needs work to be anything more than an every other series third down back.
                If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                  Ducket would be a great every other series third down back. However he is not capable or dedicated enough to carry the full load at this point in his career. I was a huge ducket fan when he came out of collage but he needs work to be anything more than an every other series third down back.
                  I agree. I signed him in another mock, but that's only b/c he can be a bruiser.

Comment

T.J. Duckett's reported five-year contract with the Seahawks is essentially a three-year, $7.5 million pact.
                    "The deal includes about $4 million in unlikely to be earned incentives, $4 million guaranteed, and a cap charge of $1 million in 2008. It's still a nice deal for the 27-year-old. The team will now pursue a speedy complement."

-roto
                    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

This sounds about like what I was expecting. Some kind of loaded contract that looks worse than it really is..similar to the Nate Burleson contract..with the incentives to likely be something so outlandish that if he does achieve them then paying him that cash is a bargain anyway. All in all this looks to be a good short yardage insurance for when they pick somebody up in the draft and have SA as a post June 1st cap casualty.

DAK

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                        They probably won't be there. Seattle will have to trade up
                        We always think that and then somehow a player we don't think would fall, falls in the draft.

I agree with you he probably won't be there but you just never know.

Considering the Bucs don't have a lot of needs to address I have a hard time seeing us pass on Rashard Mendenhall if Bruce Allen & Gruden don't think Cadillac will play again.
                        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Agree. Gruden likes bruisers so if Mendenhall and Stwart are there I would think they would take Stewart.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                            This was a Jim Mora Jr. deal. He drafted him in Atlanta I believe and wanted him in Seattle. Still doesn't change their draft need for a RB.
                            Mora Jr. didn't draft Duckett. Ron Wolf and Dan Reeves did.

Founder of ScarDraft
                            Writer for Drafttek

Comment

Hey I'm curious about some of your opinions on this. On the way home today I was listening to the NFL Radio on Sirius and they were talking about my Hawks. I don't have any clue who the guy was, since I just got it installed last month and haven't had enough time to figure out the radio personalities on all my sports stations just yet, but he was talking specifically about Alexander. He was saying that it would take some work with the contract as far as the Hawks taking on a portion of the debt, but he said he was tradeable. This is the first I've heard about this as an option. I didn't really even think about it myself since I am so bummed about his production the last couple years I'm scarred into believing he's worthless.

I'm curious if any of you cap/trade gurus think it's possible to get any kind of respectable deal out of him and how likely it may be with what potential you think he has left. If the Hawks agreed to take on a portion of his salary as a buyout or something (not sure if that is even possible) what type of pick do you think he'd be worth? The host mentioned the Texans as a possible trade partner.

He also discussed his cap hit being a wash since this year's base salary being a little over 4 mill and if cut after the June 1st deadline it would be a little over 4 mill in a cap hit...thus making it a wash. So, I guess if the Hawks somehow were willing to take a little more of a hit and get a pick out of it could they work out some kind of deal to relieve the trading team from such a heavy contract? Once again I don't know if this is even possible under NFL rules.

DAK

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X