Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    lol

Leave a comment:

• Dumb Azz Kracka
    replied
    Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
    *Me Doctor Evil Pinky in Me Mouth* Clouded the future is. Clouded by the Dark side of Alexanders ever growing a**, the future is. Many desperate teams, there are. Take a risk on him, many teams could. Meditate on this, I should.
    Holy Sweet Jesus, lol, what the crap are you talking about? ha.

DAK

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    *Me Doctor Evil Pinky in Me Mouth* Clouded the future is. Clouded by the Dark side of Alexanders ever growing a**, the future is. Many desperate teams, there are. Take a risk on him, many teams could. Meditate on this, I should.

Leave a comment:

• Bluto
    replied
    So where does Shaun end up? Somebody will take a chance on him.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    I say within 3 days

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Within the week

Leave a comment:

• yem123
    replied
    They just signed Julius Jones.... how long until Alexander gets cut??

Leave a comment:

• EL Guapo
    replied
    Seatle might look at Derek Ward if the Giants don't keep him. He ran very well when he had the chance and could be a big sleeper for somebody if he stays healthy.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    Wide Recievers can turn to Toilet Bowlers quick. Many of them get lazy when they get big contracts, big ego's, or dont get the ball enough.

Leave a comment:

• jimmyp
    replied
    Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
    I agree, Alixander is worth maybe a Forth in this years draft due to RB depth and no one would pay that much for a third or forth round player.
    Ugh, contracts of over 4 years (with big $$$ guaranteed) for RBs are just crapshoots. No matter how good he is now, there's never a guarantee he won't get injured or turn into Polly Prissy Pants.

Someone out there is going to tell me now that this is a danger for any player, but few players can go from Pro Bowler to Toilet Bowler as fast as a running back.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    I agree, Alixander is worth maybe a Forth in this years draft due to RB depth and no one would pay that much for a third or forth round player.

Leave a comment:

• Dumb Azz Kracka
    replied
    Yeah, I don't know the specifics of his situation as far as what's left on the deal, but I know he's going into the third year of an 8-year, $62 mill. deal. $15 mill. of that was guaranteed, also. All I know is that some chump on the NFL Radio was talking about possible trade value, so I wondered if there was anything about the situation that I didn't know.

DAK

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    Honestly, I don't think he's worth much on the trade block. Teams will be scared away by his weight gain and sluggishness. In addition, he has an incredibly large contract (I believe he signed it after his MVP season). Their best option would be simply to cut him and draft an RB early in this year's draft.

Leave a comment:

• Dumb Azz Kracka
    replied
    Hey I'm curious about some of your opinions on this. On the way home today I was listening to the NFL Radio on Sirius and they were talking about my Hawks. I don't have any clue who the guy was, since I just got it installed last month and haven't had enough time to figure out the radio personalities on all my sports stations just yet, but he was talking specifically about Alexander. He was saying that it would take some work with the contract as far as the Hawks taking on a portion of the debt, but he said he was tradeable. This is the first I've heard about this as an option. I didn't really even think about it myself since I am so bummed about his production the last couple years I'm scarred into believing he's worthless.

I'm curious if any of you cap/trade gurus think it's possible to get any kind of respectable deal out of him and how likely it may be with what potential you think he has left. If the Hawks agreed to take on a portion of his salary as a buyout or something (not sure if that is even possible) what type of pick do you think he'd be worth? The host mentioned the Texans as a possible trade partner.

He also discussed his cap hit being a wash since this year's base salary being a little over 4 mill and if cut after the June 1st deadline it would be a little over 4 mill in a cap hit...thus making it a wash. So, I guess if the Hawks somehow were willing to take a little more of a hit and get a pick out of it could they work out some kind of deal to relieve the trading team from such a heavy contract? Once again I don't know if this is even possible under NFL rules.

DAK

Leave a comment:

Working...
X