• starqb14
    replied
    I heard one of the guys refer to it as, "brett favre's retirement party."
    so that makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Okay thanks for the heads up. Didn't realize people were so keen on selling their house on a whim (that's basically what I read b/w the lines ... tell me if I'm wrong).

It's good that the market is low for us future house purchasers though
    Yes, that's kinda true. Also b/c some people are so afraid of foreclosure, they sell as soon as it starts to look bad financially.

Leave a comment:

• regoob2
    replied
    Favre has earned it.

Leave a comment:

• yem123
    replied
    Well, in defense of NFLN, tonight they were going to do Packers team needs and projeced draft picks, and I'm sure every Packers fan would rather see a Favre-fest, so it was the perfect night to do it... and then sort of tie it in with "Aaron Rodgers is the man of the future but they might take an insurance QB in the late rounds"

Leave a comment:

• Dumb Azz Kracka
    replied
    I don't know you well enough to tell if you're being a smartazz or being serious, but I was actually in the market to buy a home a few months ago and I'm was also in the best position possible since I didn't have to sell one to buy one. It's still tough cuz you don't know how low the prices are going to fall so it makes one leery to jump in too early. Anyway, how the hell did I steer this convo totally off kilter? lol

DAK

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Okay thanks for the heads up. Didn't realize people were so keen on selling their house on a whim (that's basically what I read b/w the lines ... tell me if I'm wrong).

It's good that the market is low for us future house purchasers though

Leave a comment:

• Dumb Azz Kracka
    replied
    It's based on market trends. It's a big reason why the real estate market is spiraling downhill right now. So many homes on the market lowering the need etc....blah blah blah.

Basically, in this situation since it went for about 40-50 g's less than market value if one of the other people wanted to sell this summer they may have a hard time selling for what they originally would have. Granted, like you said one home isn't going to cripple a market but these people are anally retentive Pre-Madonnas and it will in fact hurt it a bit.

DAK

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    lol one person selling a house lowers everybody else's home value? I didn't know that.

Leave a comment:

• Dumb Azz Kracka
    replied
    I'm not all that shocked that they took a day to exclusively devote to Favre. He is the best QB of my generation and deserves what he's getting. With all that being said it's annoying as hell, lol. I watch the NFLN religiously and I actually sat and watched the Pats/Packers SB twice...god help me but I did.

Maybe they needed to take a day off to be able to accumulate more material to talk about, and this provided them the perfect opportunity, or maybe they're just giving the guy what he deserves. Regardless it sucks that it's right smack in the middle of the hottest time of the year for the draft junkies.

Something he decided to do for his own personal benefit and it's screwing up everybody else's lifestyle. Reminds me of something a co-worker told me today at work that everybody in his neighborhood is really close and they have neighborhood bbq's quite often in the summer. Apparently, one of the residents sold his house this winter after he retired and moved down to Florida. Since he sold in the winter rather than the summer the house sold for substantially less money (not to mention the dwindling market currently) and now all the people in the neighborhood are pissed that he sold when he did cuz it reduced THEIR home values as a result. He said in the last month 8 people in the neighborhood have left nasty messages on the guy's voicemail cursing his personal decision.

I guess you can't please everybody.

DAK

Leave a comment:

• jimmyp
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    This is the thread where you explain to me how Brett Favre's retirement affects the NFL Draft at all and why NFLN feels that is all they need to talk about on an NFL Draft show.

Thanks
    I know, I went to the NFL.com videos site and all twelve most recent videos were about Favre or Favre related. So many good titles to choose from:

"NFLTA: Favre's Legacy"
    "Mariucci on Favre's retirement pt. 1" (I can't wait for part 8!)
    "Favre Forever: Early years"

and my personal favorite
    "Favre on Favre."

OMGOMGOMGBRETTFAVREOMGOMGBRETTOMGFAVRE!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• bills_red
    replied
    i don't have nfln anymore

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    started a topic Brett Favre fest on "Path to the Draft"

Brett Favre fest on "Path to the Draft"

This is the thread where you explain to me how Brett Favre's retirement affects the NFL Draft at all and why NFLN feels that is all they need to talk about on an NFL Draft show.

Thanks
Working...
X