The Last Gunslinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Gunslinger

In light of Brett Favre retiring we have seen the last of the successful let the ball fly with an incling of a hope for a completion style or gunslinging quarterback. Favre was the last of an otherwise extinct breed of quarterback because coaches and GM's would rather have their quarterbacks manage the game and not lose it for you rather than win it. Very few quarterbacks are asked to win games and make the plays that quarterbacks were asked to in the days of Favre's youth. Tom Brady doesnt take the chances, neither does Payton Manning or Tony Romo. The shovel pass is nearly extict in the context Favre used it wether it be an improvision or him just standing in the pocket and then suddenly shovel it off. If any young quarterback came in and tried to do what Favre did they would be benched or cut after the first game or two. We have truely seen the last of the gunslingers.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

I don't know, I think Romo comes straight from the Favre mold. He's constantly running around looking to make something happen. If he stayed in the pocket and didn't take chances, he'd probably suck.

Comment

Built in the mold yes, a gunslinger...yet to be seen. He needs to take more chances in the pocket if he is to become anything near Favre. I dont see any coach letting him become that type of quarterback. Maybe Jason Garret IF he feels Romo can do it successfuly.
      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Romo is built in the mold, but he's not a true gunslinger, at least, not now.

Comment

True, but I still think he's shown that he's at his best when he's improvising under pressure. Favre brought it to another level, and will probably never be equaled, but Romo comes as close as anyone I can think of in the league.

Comment

Favre was the man, especially when it comes to excitement and watching him play. I dont know if we will have seen the last of the gunslingers, because somewhere down the road, there will be a coach who will want a player like Brett. I mean what he did for the Pckers organization is amazing, especially since he won a super bowl and broke all of those records too! However, i do think you will see the mold of the Brady's sitting in the pocket throwing passes broken or at least deviate. The reason is that the Giants proved with a strong D-Line, what good is the passer who sits in the pocket, other than a sitting duck! Faver reminds me of Elway, especially since Elway was the man when he ritired too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Sales Tips and Sales Guide

"Football's Back" by: Rellik

Comment

The only one who even remotly resembles Favre is Romo and when he does it his coaches cringe and pray for the best. He still doesnt take the chances that Favre did when it comes to being in the pocket. Favre hated taking sacks and only did it when there was no choice. I mean not throwing it out of bounds, I mean threading a 35 yard needle to make a play. Could you imagine the a** chewing that a quarterback not named Favre would get if he even tried that consistantly?

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                Romo is built in the mold, but he's not a true gunslinger, at least, not now.
                He's still a padawan (with that stupid rat's tail). He must defeat Darth Maul to become a jedi (win a ****ing playoff game).

Comment

Working...
                X