Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter's Mock Updated

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

As usual, an overall good mock. However, I didn't like how some players dropped, the main ones being Lavelle Hawkins and Jamaal Charles. Andre Woodson, is, of course, on the list, but that goes w/o saying.

I must say that in Round 4 or 5 the Browns have to take a corner. They either need to trade for Lito Sheppard or draft a corner. The corner spot went to a strength to a problem and needs to be adressed. However I like the draft as a whole.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I still think the Rams take Jake Long. It’s hard to argue with the logic of tackle being a deep position but it seemed like Jake could really help in the run game so I don’t think they pass. Jackson ran much better with the healthy O-line if I remember my fantasy research correctly. If they feel Long is the complete package I think they take him.

Comment

Oh he is the complete package Guapo. However he is among three players that St. Louis is reported looking at along with Gholeston and DE Chris Long. We will have to wait and see.
        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Walter, you think three corners in the first 10 pick, well maybe but I think unlikely. However the rest is well done, good job.

Comment

Originally posted by EL Guapo View Post
            I still think the Rams take Jake Long. It’s hard to argue with the logic of tackle being a deep position but it seemed like Jake could really help in the run game so I don’t think they pass. Jackson ran much better with the healthy O-line if I remember my fantasy research correctly. If they feel Long is the complete package I think they take him.
            JL will go to STL or MIA. There's no way they pass him up, especially thanks to their OT woes.

Comment

Atlanta Falcons: Jake Long, OT, Michigan
              With Glenn Dorsey out of the picture - more on this later - and Darren McFadden no longer a factor in the wake of the Michael Turner signing, the Falcons have two options to choose from. Let's take a look at both of them:

Matt Ryan: Mike Mayock, as well as a lot of mocks in my 2008 NFL Mock Draft Database have Matt Ryan going to the Falcons. Up until about a month ago, I believed he would as well. However, in the wake of Chad Henne, Joe Flacco and several other quarterbacks looking solid in the Senior Bowl and Combine, Atlanta could be targeting one of them in the second round. And if someone like Brian Brohm slips - which is a very realistic possibility right now - the Falcons can trade both of its second-round picks to trade with a team like the Chargers, who have just one selection in the first four rounds.

Furthermore, I don't consider Ryan as good a prospect as Jake Long or even Sedrick Ellis. Offensive tackle is a position of need for the Falcons. Why would Atlanta take a slightly lesser talent in that case?

And finally, we've seen teams eschew quarterbacks recently. The Browns drafted Joe Thomas instead of Brady Quinn. The Dolphins also passed on Quinn in favor of Ted Ginn. In prior years, Ben Roethlisberger and Aaron Rodgers both slipped. I don't think Ryan goes here. And if he does, imagine how much he'll struggle without any talent around him. Think David Carr in Houston, Tim Couch in Cleveland, etc. If you have no pieces to put around a signal caller, I don't think you can draft one unless it's someone with Peyton Manning-like talent. Call me crazy, but Ryan is not Peyton Manning.

Jake Long: I don't care who you have a quarterback. No signal caller can thrive behind an offensive front that surrenders 47 sacks.

Look at what Joe Thomas did for the Browns this year. Falcons fans might worry about Long becoming another Robert Gallery, but top tackles have almost always panned out. Just look at Thomas (another Big Ten tackle) and D'Brickashaw Ferguson over the past few seasons. Long would be a great addition to Atlanta's roster and would instantly improve its offense, much like Thomas did for the Browns in 2007.

I find it odd that the Falcons are in the same situation as the Browns were last year. They have an opportunity to draft a premier offensive tackle, a running back with immense talent and a quarterback who could potentially fall into the 20s at No. 3. Cleveland's strategy was successful, so it wouldn't shock me if Atlanta utilizes the same one.
              great pick and explanation
              # Atlanta Falcons: Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
              Guess the Falcons don't have to trade up for Brian Brohm, huh? Brohm should become the starter in Atlanta by the midway point of the season, as the only other quarterbacks the team has under contract are Chris Redman and the caviar-loving, piano-playing Joey Harrington. Don't count out Joe Flacco; Arthur Blank may never trust anyone from Louisville ever again.
              great pick and explanation, but again, we also have D.J. Shockley under contract and have just cut Harrington
              # Atlanta Falcons: Pat Sims, DT, Auburn
              The Falcons have desperately needed a nose tackle ever since unceremoniously - and according to several teammates, unjustly - cutting Grady Jackson. Atlanta was 26th against the run, and a monstrous defensive lineman would help the team improve immensely in that category. The Falcons get an absolute steal in Pat Sims here. Sims is a first-round prospect who slips because this draft class is so deep.
              Atlanta Falcons: Curtis Lofton, MLB, Oklahoma
              This is one of the greatest steals in this mock. Like Trevor Laws, Curtis Lofton is an early-second round prospect, who falls because the teams in the bottom of the second don't really need a middle linebacker (New England does, but Bill Belichick doesn't draft linebackers early). With Keith Brooking moving to the weak side, Lofton could start from Day 1 in Atlanta's defense.
              Atlanta Falcons: Martin Rucker, TE, Missouri
              It was pretty predictable that the Falcons were going to cut Alge Crumpler. Crumpler, once a great tight end, mysteriously became a sluggish player who dropped dozens of passes every week because he was too preoccupied daydreaming about eating hamburgers after each game.
              Atlanta Falcons: Barry Richardson, OT, Clemson
              Atlanta's offensive fronts is one of the league's worst. The team needs two upgrades at offensive tackle in the worst way possible.
              great pick. at RT Richardson would wind up being a steal. I woudl hate to face a line with Long-Blalock-Datish-Clabo-Richardson on it in 2-3 years.

Founder of ScarDraft
              Writer for Drafttek

Comment

didn't walter just update this 2 days ago?
                2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                  didn't walter just update this 2 days ago?
                  I added a fifth round.
                  2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Glad you like the mock update, guys
                    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

ohhh 5th round added gotcha

Comment

I don't know a whole lot about Tashard Choice, who you now have the Hawks taking in the 3rd round. Anybody want to give me some info?

DAK
                        "I'm coming for you Murdock"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dumb Azz Kracka View Post
                          I don't know a whole lot about Tashard Choice, who you now have the Hawks taking in the 3rd round. Anybody want to give me some info?

DAK
                          Choice is from Georgia Tech, where he had a very productive career. His stock has risen in the wake of some good performances in off-season activities (combine, senior bowl, that type of thing). He is a little of a brusier, which he showed at the Senior Bowl, but he also displays good quickness.

Comment

He's one of my favorite prospects. When I put together my All-Underrated team for this draft he will represent the RB position.

Comment

I remember toward the beginning of the season he was listed as one of the top RB's in college and everybody was saying he'd have a big year in leading the team after Calvin Johnson left. After that I didn't hear much of anything about him.

DAK
                              "I'm coming for you Murdock"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X