Kentucky Pro Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky Pro Day

Thought Matt would post something on this.

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/337894.html

Supposedly Woodson looked good.

"UK's underclassmen were also timed in the 40. Sophomore running back Derrick Locke ran a blazing 4.21. Junior running back Alfonso Smith wasn't far behind at 4.24."

Holy sh*t!
    Last edited by Matt McGuire; 03-06-2008, 12:30 AM.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Yeah. Steve Johnson ran a 4.46 at the UK pro day and he ran a 4.57 and 4.59 at the combine.

I don't look at pro day times much. Locke and Alfonso Smith both can run a legit 4.35s.

I'm not kidding when I say Kentucky has the deepest RB corps in the SEC. They go 5 deep even without Rafael Little leaving (who will go undrafted). Brooks and his staff do a great job scouting but I wish we had more 4 star commits.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

LOL, that is the biggest load of garbage ever. I would believe if both guys ran in the low 4.3's but both guys running a time as fast or faster than the fastest players to come out of college in the last ten to fifteen years? Gimme a break.

Other than Chris Johnson this year when was the last time somebody ran a time faster than 4.24? Sounds to me like somebody's stop watch button is a little sticky.

DAK
      "I'm coming for you Murdock"

sigpic

Comment

Little will not go undrafted. He will go late (6th sounds about right).

Comment

He just had surgey on his ankle and his game never had much upside to begin with. Injury concerns will make him go undrafted. He has never stayed healthy his ENTIRE career. every year he has been at UK he has been injured and missed a few games or a lot of games. He can't even stay healthy in the ****ing offseason.

Comment

Yup 4.21 is Deion Sanders territory (4.19 unofficial at combine).

Comment

"But Andre has a two-year library of film that, if anybody wants to put it on, they'll see that this guy played as well as anybody in the country. There's no question Andre Woodson will be a starting quarterback in the NFL, and whoever doesn't get him is going to miss out in my opinion."

Strong words from Rich Brooks. THis guy doesn't talk his ass off like June Jones, folks. He is a straight shooter and he was very crtiical of Andre in his first three years at Kentucky. When Brooks talks, I listen. He is a very underrated coach.

Comment

Woodson will go in the 2nd and surprise everybody.

Comment

Yep and if the Atlanta Falcons are smart, they'll take him in the 2nd round. Woodson is just the type of QB that the Falcons Franchise has needed for years

Comment

Originally posted by tech2186 View Post
                    Yep and if the Atlanta Falcons are smart, they'll take him in the 2nd round. Woodson is just the type of QB that the Falcons Franchise has needed for years
                    No, I don't think he's a good fit there. Woodson needs to sit on the bench for a year or two and learn behind someone else. That wouldn't happen in ATL. A place like CAR or TB would work well for him.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                      No, I don't think he's a good fit there. Woodson needs to sit on the bench for a year or two and learn behind someone else. That wouldn't happen in ATL. A place like CAR or TB would work well for him.
                      I think it could happen in Atlanta. Atlanta just released Harrington, which probably means they'll be looking for a veteran QB to sign for depth. Woodson would sit for a while and learn from him. Just because you don't have a veteran QB on your team doesn't mean you don't pick the best skilled QB. Derek Anderson didn't have much to learn from, neither does Jemarcus Russell. I think Andre along with QB coaches and just seeing the game is smart enough to pick it up on his own. Experience is more valuable than listening to a veteran.

Comment

Woodson doesn't need to sit on the bench for two years. Are you ****ing kidding me? He isn't Tavaris Jackson.

Comment

Atlanta released Harrington because they are gonna bring in Matt Ryan. Woodson might go in the 2nd...or he could slip to the 3rd.
                          "I love me some me!"

Comment

How much do you wanna bet warpig, that the Atlanta Falcons don't draft Matt Ryan #3 overall.

Just because you need a QB doesn't mean you have to address it with your #1 pick. They can go QB in round 2 or 3 which is what I think they will do because you are right they do need a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                              How much do you wanna bet warpig, that the Atlanta Falcons don't draft Matt Ryan #3 overall.

Just because you need a QB doesn't mean you have to address it with your #1 pick. They can go QB in round 2 or 3 which is what I think they will do because you are right they do need a QB.
                              I agree that this QB class is deep enough to get their QB in the 2nd or 3rd since I don't think any one of them stand head and shoulders above the other. I just find it suspicious that they have purged most of the QB's they had from last year with the exception of Redman.

I also admit that I have no inside information leading me to believe they will sign a QB, I just think that they need someone to replace the ghost of Mike Vick and they may have bought into the Matt Ryan hype.

The new head coach needs someone to tie his hitch to and seems like his poster boy might be Ryan.
                              "I love me some me!"

Comment

Working...
                              X