No announcement yet.

Kentucky Pro Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this might irk some people (Matt no anurisms please) but Woodson needs at least a half a year to a year to fine tune some things with a decent coaching staff. Minnesota looks like a good fit because they are building around a monsterous running attack and signing speed recievers which means a composed quarterback with strong arm is needed. Unfortunately though I see their design as a good fit for Woodson he would start right away and wouldn't get the time to have the minor tweeks performed to his mechanics that are needed. However I do agree that whoever gets him will get one hell of a future starter.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I don't disagree Joey, but EVERY rookie QB needs at least half a year maybe more. To knock Woodson individually or any other QB for this isn't fair.

Even one of the most NFL ready QBs ever (that's what people said about Matt Leinart because he operated in the WCO at USC for so long) Matt Leinart needed half a year plus and he could end up being a total bust.

Every rookie needs time to learn and offense and adjust to NFL speed. John Elway says to become an elite quarterback it takes six seasons. How many did it take for Eli to become the great QB he was in the playoffs? Five. I think Elway knows what he is talking about.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Well a lot of people say start him right away. I wouldnt start any rookie qb right away. Especially one who needs mechanical tweeks.

As far a leinart goes. That system doesnt sit with his skills anyway. Put him in a west coast offense and I could see him excel quickly.

When you draft a franchise QB, ESPECIALLY in Round 1 you need to put him in a position to succeed even if it means tweeking or even changing the offense completely, not just getting players. Great players in the wrong scheme implode quickly.
        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Leinart is a bad situation. He needs to get out of ARZ as soon as his contract is up and go to a team with a WCO-like offense.

Comment

Uh oh, do you smell a Hawk signing in a couple years when Hasselbeck is on his last legs? That would be pretty damn nice.

DAK
            "I'm coming for you Murdock"

sigpic

Comment

I could see that.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                How much do you wanna bet warpig, that the Atlanta Falcons don't draft Matt Ryan #3 overall.

Just because you need a QB doesn't mean you have to address it with your #1 pick. They can go QB in round 2 or 3 which is what I think they will do because you are right they do need a QB.
                Are you kidding me! They've still got DJ Shockley, who barring incidents with golf carts could lead the league in passer rating this year.

Comment

@JP: We are on the same page. I do think Woodson needs to tweak his mechanics a bit (I think nearly every QB does though in some way or another) ... but it isn't like you can't some marginal tweaking done through OTAs and training camp/preseason. I think it takes a few years in the NFL anyways to have extremely good mechanics.

Comment

@JP: We are on the same page. I do think Woodson needs to tweak his mechanics a bit (I think nearly every QB does though in some way or another) ... but it isn't like you can't some marginal tweaking done through OTAs and training camp/preseason. I think it takes a few years in the NFL anyways to have extremely good mechanics.
                    If he sits out a year, he will do fine.

Comment

I don't think Woodson needs to sit out a whole year though. This is a kid that played a lot more than the popular opinion thinks under center at UK in his senior year. He is very good with audibling in protection schemes and his checks.

Am I the only person who watched the LSU game? He looked like a less intense Peyton Manning at the line of scrimmage against the best defense in the country. Oh yeah, he made a comeback to beat the current #1 team and eventual National Champs...but lets forget about that since it didn't happen yesterday.

Comment

....get back m'lady I'll defend you to the death....

DAK
                        "I'm coming for you Murdock"

sigpic

Comment

I don't think Woodson needs to sit out a whole year though. This is a kid that played a lot more than the popular opinion thinks under center at UK in his senior year. He is very good with audibling in protection schemes and his checks.

Am I the only person who watched the LSU game? He looked like a less intense Peyton Manning at the line of scrimmage against the best defense in the country. Oh yeah, he made a comeback to beat the current #1 team and eventual National Champs...but lets forget about that since it didn't happen yesterday.
                          he also played great in the clemson bowl game a year ago

but he still needs work like any other rookie QB

I think he probably can play this year but it would be tough

Comment

Matt, I watched that and I remember that. Woodson had a good game, I'll admit, but he's not going to have that type of game every week.

Comment

ATL will not choose Ryan with it's first pick, it wouldn't even make sense for them to do so. If you have QB's like Woodson that will be around for the 2nd round why get a mediocre QB like Ryan?

Comment

I agree with Matt. Woodson is intelligant enough he seems like he could pick up the tweeks in camp and adjust to them around week 8 or 10.

If this was last years class Woodson would have been #1 overall to the Raiders and his career may have ended before it started. Now no matter who takes him he at least has a chance. Give him a half season with the tweeks and he will be ready, if the guy ahead of him is playing well and the team is respectable give him a full year and let him perfect the tweeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X