4 Cover Athletes for NCAA 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Cover Athletes for NCAA 09

Just announced that McFadden is on the cover for the Xbox.

I don't seem to remember them doing this in the past, but I like it. Having 4 different guys is more like what college football is. It's often hard to determine the best player in the nation because there are so many division 1 teams, and they mostly don't get to play each other.

My picks for the other 3, assuming they only do leavers:
    Dexter Jackson - App St
    Vernon Gholston - Ohio St
    Dennis Dixon - Oregon

I hope Dennis Dixon gets the PS2 one

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
      Just announced that McFadden is on the cover for the Xbox.

I don't seem to remember them doing this in the past, but I like it. Having 4 different guys is more like what college football is. It's often hard to determine the best player in the nation because there are so many division 1 teams, and they mostly don't get to play each other.

My picks for the other 3, assuming they only do leavers:
      Dexter Jackson - App St
      Vernon Gholston - Ohio St
      Dennis Dixon - Oregon
      If this is done by regions how would Gholston and Jackson receive one? They're both right down the road from eachother.

DAK
      "I'm coming for you Murdock"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dumb Azz Kracka View Post
        If this is done by regions how would Gholston and Jackson receive one? They're both right down the road from eachother.

DAK
        I though Dexter would be a good pick. Last year with Zabransky they definitely went away from people from big schools with big pro potential. With the win against Michigan, and strong showing in his post-season all-star game and a good combine, I think Jackson might have appeal.

Gholston was just a token defensive player, who happens to be related to that monster from Resident Evil 2.

Comment

Ok, I'm guessing they're not doing it by region then. I thought that would be the point in putting 4 different guys on the covers...to create more appeal for buying the game if everybody has one of their local players on their game. If it's just done randomly then I can't really argue with the choices, although I think DeSean Jackson would be a better choice than Dennis Dixon to represent the west I think since he's a flashier player and will also have a better NFL career. Also, there isn't any player represented from the east coast and considering that's the most populated area I figured they'd want a "local" hero to represent that demographic, but who am I to argue with their business sense.

DAK

sigpic

Comment

they cant do players in college because it is against the booster rules and publicity rules

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog0123 View Post
              they cant do players in college because it is against the booster rules and publicity rules
              Who are you talking to and what college players are you referring to?

DAK

sigpic

Comment

DAK
                what? App state is in NC and Ohio stats is in Ohio

Founder of ScarDraft
                Writer for Drafttek

Comment

Originally posted by scar988 View Post
                  what? App state is in NC and Ohio stats is in Ohio
                  Ok, well I stand corrected...that's the last time I take a comment by a friend as fact. LOL, at the beginning of the season I'd never heard of Appalachian State and I asked a friend who was from the east coast and said he knew about all these little podunk schools out here. He said ASU was in Michigan and that's what made this game such a big deal when they beat the Wolverines cuz it was a cross-town rival. I asked him how come I'd never heard of this before and he said cuz ASU was a div. 2 school so it never gets any national press. It wasn't really that important to me at the time and he had confident sounding answers, so I never questioned him....that f'ing prick, lol.

Because my buddy was so confident sounding in his answers I never bothered to check up on his statements and from then on I took them as fact. The first time I've actually looked it up was just now after being questioned by scar. The funny thing about it is this happened the first week of the college football season. So, I spent an entire season and the entire offseason up until now picturing in my head "somewhere in Michigan" when thinking of ASU and Dexter Jackson....what a load of crap.

So, I guess those 4 cover picks would make alot more sense to me now. Thanks for clearing that up scar.

Time to go beat some azzzzzz...I'll talk to you guys later.

DAK

sigpic

Comment

Ok, well I stand corrected...that's the last time I take a comment by a friend as fact. LOL, at the beginning of the season I'd never heard of Appalachian State and I asked a friend who was from the east coast and said he knew about all these little podunk schools out here. He said ASU was in Michigan and that's what made this game such a big deal when they beat the Wolverines cuz it was a cross-town rival. I asked him how come I'd never heard of this before and he said cuz ASU was a div. 2 school so it never gets any national press. It wasn't really that important to me at the time and he had confident sounding answers, so I never questioned him....that f'ing prick, lol.

Because my buddy was so confident sounding in his answers I never bothered to check up on his statements and from then on I took them as fact. The first time I've actually looked it up was just now after being questioned by scar. The funny thing about it is this happened the first week of the college football season. So, I spent an entire season and the entire offseason up until now picturing in my head "somewhere in Michigan" when thinking of ASU and Dexter Jackson....what a load of crap.

So, I guess those 4 cover picks would make alot more sense to me now. Thanks for clearing that up scar.

Time to go beat some azzzzzz...I'll talk to you guys later.

DAK
                    Umm, App State isn't Div 2, its Div 1-AA.

Comment

Oh, for the love of god dude...next you'll tell me my handle is spelled incorrectly cuz it should be two s' not azz...a minor detail isn't that important when it doesn't really have anything to do with the story as a whole.

DAK

sigpic

Comment

Don't think Jackson is main stream enough for a cover
                        Check out my new site Today!
                        Live 4 The Story

Comment

Oh, for the love of god dude...next you'll tell me my handle is spelled incorrectly cuz it should be two s' not azz...a minor detail isn't that important when it doesn't really have anything to do with the story as a whole.

DAK
                          The ironing is delicious. You commented in your post about relying on a friend for facts, but then make another mistake.

Comment

Who are you talking to and what college players are you referring to?

DAK
                            to jimmyp because in the first post he said blah blah blah supposing they dont put a player that is in school blah blah

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog0123 View Post
                              to jimmyp because in the first post he said blah blah blah supposing they dont put a player that is in school blah blah
                              ?????

Comment

Working...
                              X