Detroit Lions RB Kevin Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit Lions RB Kevin Jones

Is expected to play in week 3 at Philadelphia.

He is expected to participate in 15-20 snaps.

As if Philly wasn't going to have enough to handle with Detroit's offense as it was, now they potentially lose Dawkins, could still be with out Sheppard and may be facing Kevin Jones out of the backfield as well...

Right now i am liking Detroit's chances of going 3-0 and Philly's of hitting 0-3...

I do too, but the first two Detroit wins are nothing to get overly excited about...that said I still have DET going 3-0 because the Eagles just don't seem like they want to win.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

By no means am i getting to excited by Detroit's first 2 wins, and i wont get horrible excited if the ybeat Philadelphie either.

Right now Philly is a mess, McNabb is being pushed out, and so far with good reason, watching him play last night was really heart breaking. He is a broken QB, add on to that, Philly has already drafted an "hier apparent", and McNabb's confidence has to be at an all time low.

Then you look at their defense, they dropped 2 starters from the LB corps. in Trotter and Dhani Jones (only to replace Jones with an even older Takeo Spikes). Lito Sheppard has been out with a sprained knee. At Dawkins age, a neck injury could be career ending. their other starting Safety, Sean Consadine left the game but returned, some kind of knee contusion. If he is running on a bad wheel against Detroit, and the only 100% healthy person in their secondary is an older Sheldon Brown, It could get ugly for them.

I also got throw props to a certain Lions Wide Reciever thus far into the season. Lost in the mix of Pro Bowler and NFC recieving yards champion Roy Williams, Pro Bowl snub and reigning NFC receptions champion Mike Furrey, #2 overall pick cosidered best player in the draft Calvin Johnson is the 4th man on the depth chart, Shaun McDonald.

Amazingly enough, its my opinion (being from Detroit and watching virtually every snap) that McDonald has been hands down the best reciever on this team thus far this season. And that is really saying something. Its not like any of the other recievers are playing bad. But right now the Lions are blessed with their top 4 recievers all playing up to "Starter" quality.

You add to that at quartet of recievers, Kevin Jones (if he is 100% healthy) catching the ball out of the backfield, and that is by far the scariest 4-receiver set in the game today, especially with ha heathy Jones as the #5 reciever....

Comment

The Eagles are playing with no emotion right now, and the Lions will be playing this game like it's their Super Bowl. I think they go to 3-0.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I think the draft pick of Kevin Kolb really hurt McNabb's confidence and his leadership. Maybe he just isn't that good this year even if they didn't draft Kolb but you just have to wonder.

Comment

I love football but watching last Monday night game with Philly and Washington was so boring and uneventful. I put Philly with Atlanta, Miami, and Kansas City as the worst teams this year. I NFC North has all above average teams this year and I like the Lions chances of winning this game. They're my 12 in my confidence pool.
            Check out my new site Today!
            Live 4 The Story

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Maciasz View Post
              I love football but watching last Monday night game with Philly and Washington was so boring and uneventful. I put Philly with Atlanta, Miami, and Kansas City as the worst teams this year. I NFC North has all above average teams this year and I like the Lions chances of winning this game. They're my 12 in my confidence pool.
              Wow, that's saying a lot that you'd group the Eagles with them. Can't argue that the way they're playing right now.
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                I think the draft pick of Kevin Kolb really hurt McNabb's confidence and his leadership. Maybe he just isn't that good this year even if they didn't draft Kolb but you just have to wonder.
                I've said this multiple times this offseason to be yelled at by some Eagle fans.

I thought the Eagles should have done one of the two:

1. Keep Jeff Garcia, trade Donovan McNabb to Minnesota (for their No. 1 pick and other selections) and draft a young QB in round 2.

2. Let go of Jeff Garcia, keep Donovan McNabb and use every available resource to make a Super Bowl run (i.e. not drafting a QB early).

They did a mix of the two and it's costing them.
                2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Going into the draft people laughed at me when i mentioned the thought of Philly drafting a QB high. Although i did mention it, i seriously thought Philly would give McNabb this year at least to make a fina lrun and prove that he can stay healthy...

Unfortunately for McNabb, the majority of his career in PHilly resembled that of Barry Sanders here in Detroit.

"Hey Guy, we know your great, go out and win us a championship, we know you can do it with little talent around you"

As soon as they drafted Kolb, despite what he said after the draft i think MCNabb knew this was the end for him in Philly...

Comment

If the Eagles lose to the Lions, my top story is going to be the Top 10 Reasons Why the Eagles Suck
                    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Think this is a trap game? The line seems to good to be true
                      Check out my new site Today!
                      Live 4 The Story

Comment

Nah, I think the public still sees the Eagles as the superior team.

Two trap games are Panthers -3.5 over Falcons and Broncos -3.5 over Jaguars.
                        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Smith View Post
                          Going into the draft people laughed at me when i mentioned the thought of Philly drafting a QB high. Although i did mention it, i seriously thought Philly would give McNabb this year at least to make a fina lrun and prove that he can stay healthy...

Unfortunately for McNabb, the majority of his career in PHilly resembled that of Barry Sanders here in Detroit.

"Hey Guy, we know your great, go out and win us a championship, we know you can do it with little talent around you"

As soon as they drafted Kolb, despite what he said after the draft i think MCNabb knew this was the end for him in Philly...
                          Yeah, I was jabbed at when I had the Eagles taking Drew Stanton in round 2...so great minds think alike Craig!

Idk if McNabb had little talent around him...he consistently had one of the best OLs in the game...but yes the cupboard of talent at WR/TE was very very thin.

Yeah, McNabb knew he was done in Philly. You just don't take a QB that high in hte draft to be a backup.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Maciasz View Post
                            Think this is a trap game? The line seems to good to be true
                            Whats a trap game someone clue me in?

Also, Adam, I liked your post earlier. Too tired to remember which one.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                              Whats a trap game someone clue me in?

Also, Adam, I liked your post earlier. Too tired to remember which one.
                              A trap game is when Vegas makes a line that seems too good to be true, inducing tons of bettors to lay money on the game. But because Vegas is so smart (and very larcenous) they watch as the public loses and they rake in the cash.

For example.

Last year, the Jets were like 5-1 playing at the Browns, 1-5 in Week 8.

Instead of the line being like -6 or something, New York was only favored by 3.

I told Pennington2Coles, and he'd remember this, that the Jets were a trap, and I thought the game was rigged in Cleveland's favor.

The Browns won by 3.
                              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Working...
                              X