replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    I'll send it in to Walter tomorrow.
    looking forward to it!

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark View Post
    When are you putting up your mock draft?
    I'll send it in to Walter tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    When are you putting up your mock draft?

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark View Post
    What good is Kevin Jones if the team as a whole is only going to run the ball 12 times?
    Kevin Jones is an average receiver, Detroit needs a receiving tailback for their offense, not a grinding it out between the tackles type players.

A few players I like for this scheme:

Steve Slaton (late round 1-round 2)
    Rafael Little (round 3-4)
    Cory Boyd (round 4-5)

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    What good is Kevin Jones if the team as a whole is only going to run the ball 12 times?

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    There are a few college games that rigged every week. There's also one NFL game rigged per week. This isn't coming from me - Jim Rome interviewed an ex-mobster who was talking about larceny and point-shaving in football.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by Walter View Post
    I told Pennington2Coles, and he'd remember this, that the Jets were a trap, and I thought the game was rigged in Cleveland's favor.

The Browns won by 3.
    So you are saying that you thought that game was rigged by Vegas?

Is it no possible to for see a close game Walter between a 1-5 and 5-1 teams? I mean these spread makers are supposed to be sports geniuses aren't they?

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Whats a trap game someone clue me in?

Also, Adam, I liked your post earlier. Too tired to remember which one.
    A trap game is when Vegas makes a line that seems too good to be true, inducing tons of bettors to lay money on the game. But because Vegas is so smart (and very larcenous) they watch as the public loses and they rake in the cash.

For example.

Last year, the Jets were like 5-1 playing at the Browns, 1-5 in Week 8.

Instead of the line being like -6 or something, New York was only favored by 3.

I told Pennington2Coles, and he'd remember this, that the Jets were a trap, and I thought the game was rigged in Cleveland's favor.

The Browns won by 3.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by Adam Maciasz View Post
    Think this is a trap game? The line seems to good to be true
    Whats a trap game someone clue me in?

Also, Adam, I liked your post earlier. Too tired to remember which one.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by Craig Smith View Post
    Going into the draft people laughed at me when i mentioned the thought of Philly drafting a QB high. Although i did mention it, i seriously thought Philly would give McNabb this year at least to make a fina lrun and prove that he can stay healthy...

Unfortunately for McNabb, the majority of his career in PHilly resembled that of Barry Sanders here in Detroit.

"Hey Guy, we know your great, go out and win us a championship, we know you can do it with little talent around you"

As soon as they drafted Kolb, despite what he said after the draft i think MCNabb knew this was the end for him in Philly...
    Yeah, I was jabbed at when I had the Eagles taking Drew Stanton in round 2...so great minds think alike Craig!

Idk if McNabb had little talent around him...he consistently had one of the best OLs in the game...but yes the cupboard of talent at WR/TE was very very thin.

Yeah, McNabb knew he was done in Philly. You just don't take a QB that high in hte draft to be a backup.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Nah, I think the public still sees the Eagles as the superior team.

Two trap games are Panthers -3.5 over Falcons and Broncos -3.5 over Jaguars.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Mac
    replied
    Think this is a trap game? The line seems to good to be true

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    If the Eagles lose to the Lions, my top story is going to be the Top 10 Reasons Why the Eagles Suck

Leave a comment:

• Craig Smith
    replied
    Going into the draft people laughed at me when i mentioned the thought of Philly drafting a QB high. Although i did mention it, i seriously thought Philly would give McNabb this year at least to make a fina lrun and prove that he can stay healthy...

Unfortunately for McNabb, the majority of his career in PHilly resembled that of Barry Sanders here in Detroit.

"Hey Guy, we know your great, go out and win us a championship, we know you can do it with little talent around you"

As soon as they drafted Kolb, despite what he said after the draft i think MCNabb knew this was the end for him in Philly...

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    I think the draft pick of Kevin Kolb really hurt McNabb's confidence and his leadership. Maybe he just isn't that good this year even if they didn't draft Kolb but you just have to wonder.
    I've said this multiple times this offseason to be yelled at by some Eagle fans.

I thought the Eagles should have done one of the two:

1. Keep Jeff Garcia, trade Donovan McNabb to Minnesota (for their No. 1 pick and other selections) and draft a young QB in round 2.

2. Let go of Jeff Garcia, keep Donovan McNabb and use every available resource to make a Super Bowl run (i.e. not drafting a QB early).

They did a mix of the two and it's costing them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X