Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the worst mocks of 2008.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

I don't know why Vic Carucci even bothered posting this thing.

Good value getting McKelvin 22 lol

Comment

There is better Value to be had than that. Some one would be getting a HUGE steal if the draft fell like this.

Comment

When I saw the title of this post, I thought that my mock had somehow made it on the 'net. Phew!

Comment

Lol, I would never make fun of some Draftnik's mock like that. But if it is a payed sports writer and their mock is this bad they deserve it.

But if you want to see some pretty bad amateur mock drafts go to www.mymockdraft.com and look in the "Draft Database" there are some pretty bad ones there mixed in with a lot of very good ones.

Comment

That is bad. Then again, some of those picks may come true and we'll look like idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
              That is bad. Then again, some of those picks may come true and we'll look like idiots.
              The main reason why I'm not confident enough to produce a mock is because you are evaluating 3 things.

Firstly, your opinions of the best player. To be honest, those of us with jobs probably don't have the time (or lack of social life) to sit down and watch the number of games (I'd say at least 50 games) needed to properly evaluate even say the top 100 prospects.

Secondly, your opinions of each teams' needs. This is so varied, and can change in the blink of an eye with retirements, injuries or big free agent signings. Even coaching affects this with changes in offensive (i-form, singleback etc.) or defensive style (3-4, 4-3 etc.).

Lastly, who is in control of the team and what are their drafting habits. This is where the Al Davis' of the league come in. Who knows, maybe he'll take his Alzheimer's medication the day of the draft, come to his senses and not pick Darren McFadden. This, in a way is the hardest part. Knowing what teams become fixated on which players and end up doing stupid things trying to land them.

Those of you pumping out mocks are definitely brave to try and simulate what will actually happen on draft day. As Mr Garrison from South Park would say, "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people."

Comment

Well if he is correct and Sedrick Ellis falls completely out of the first round I will gladly call myself a fool.

Comment

I would too, b/c Ellis is a top-5 pick.

Comment

Haha I didn't even notice he slipped

Comment

Originally posted by Vikings_All_Day28 View Post
                      Lol, I would never make fun of some Draftnik's mock like that. But if it is a payed sports writer and their mock is this bad they deserve it.

But if you want to see some pretty bad amateur mock drafts go to www.mymockdraft.com and look in the "Draft Database" there are some pretty bad ones there mixed in with a lot of very good ones.
                      You're right, your mock does suck . The problem is, they are all very consensus.

Comment

You're right, your mock does suck . The problem is, they are all very consensus.
                        There are some gems in there but the majority are pretty consensus.

Comment

From the Ask Vic segment at NFL.com

Question: With your mock draft, am I missing something or are you suggesting USC defensive tackle Sedrick Ellis is not a first-round draft pick? Also, do you think the Bengals would pass him over if he was available, especially since signing Antwan Odom at defensive end and not needing to draft a defensive end at No. 9? I'm just curious, so please help me understand if you can. -- R. Williams.

I am not at all suggesting that Ellis lacks first-round ability. It just worked out that in my first mock draft (which, like all mocks, will be continually revised in the days and weeks leading up to the draft), the only team I had selecting a defensive tackle was Oakland. And, based on my current assessment of the college crop, Glenn Dorsey is the best player at the position.

I could easily see Ellis as the next defensive tackle off the board, and I would not be at all surprised if that happened in the first round. It makes sense that the Bengals would no longer use their first-round choice on a defensive end (I have them taking Ohio State's Vernon Gholston) now that they have signed Odom, the free agent from Tennessee. And Ellis might very well be the player they would target to address another big need.

Stay tuned.
                          http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
                          Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

If the Chiefs select Talib at 5 Carl Peterson will be lynched within the hour

Comment

Hey Vic, ever heard of McKelvin? No? How about DRC? Mike Jenkins?

Comment

Working...
                              X