Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter
    replied
    I don't think Trent Green is any better than Gus Frerotte, sadly.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    But he is a nice pickup as a backup quarterback. Now I dont agree with the contract (9 mil for a backup give me a break). Anything more than a 2 years for someone his age is insane, anything over one year makes me think, spending 9 mil on a backup his age makes me cringe. Not a good move.

Leave a comment:

• EL Guapo
    replied
    You see this all the time when a team makes a questionable decision based on what happened to them in the past. Bulger got hurt last year and they got stuck with Gus Ferrotte. They probably said to themselves this isn’t happening again. Maybe the contract is set up so they could get rid of the last two years without much of a problem. It’s hard to believe the three years.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Mac
    replied
    Trent Green, they must be still living in the Kurt Warner area, stick a fork in him he's done

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    Another second could be extremely big this year. And to get a top notch corner with the ability to get a top 2 Reciever in Round 1 or a very good reciever THROUGH Round 4. Cardnals would lose a game breaker and take a hit offensively BUT they could get a guy capable of becoming an 80 catch reciever while being a 65 catch reciever as a rookie. I would have taken it.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    I wouldn't cave into it though if the Eagles are willing to give up a 2nd they can give up a 2nd and a 4th.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    The Cards may eventually cave to Sheppard and a second

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Yeah whoops skinny, fat, same difference

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Good points blaze, but lets not forget how many needs the Cardinals have and I really don't see this team as a wild card contender. Adding Shepp, a 2nd and 3rd round picks would be smart moves to improve the overall talent on this team, but I don't think they could go wrong either way.

Shepp and a 1st for Fitz is just way too much to demand in a serious trade.

Leave a comment:

• Blazedestin
    replied
    I think the Cardinals believe that if Fitzgerald stays, they can handle his salary demands. So they're not desperate yet to get rid of him yet.

Lito Sheppard's good, but he's not quite the shutdown corner that the Cardinals would demand for a #1 WR like Fitzgerald is. Even if a 2nd round pick is thrown in.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
    I know Philly's the Cheesesteak Capital of the Multiverse, but Reid strikes me as more of a Pastrami kind of guy.
    LOL

Interesting Walter the Cardinals were dumb to ask for the Eagles 1st and Shepp, but I understand they invested the #3 overall pick into him in 2004 I believe ... but they owe him $30M over the next 2 years. I would have requested this trade:

Eagles Receive: Larry Fitzgerald, Cards 6th round pick
    Cardinals Receive: Lito Sheppard, Eagles 2nd & 3rd round picks

Leave a comment:

• Blazedestin
    replied
    I know Philly's the Cheesesteak Capital of the Multiverse, but Reid strikes me as more of a Pastrami kind of guy.

And yeah, you're right. Walter had a misstep there with his word choice. :P

I think Green can play as a capable backup for another season or maybe two if he's lucky. I was semi-surprised to see him being cut by the Dolphins. Not because I thought they'd start him over Beck, obviously, but not many QB's have been in the game as long as he has. I figured Beck could have gotten something out of learning from Green.

Maybe it's those concussions. Knocked his teaching information right out of him.

Leave a comment:

• jimmyp
    replied
    Originally posted by Walter View Post
    Also remember Reid doesn't like small people because they make him look skinny.
    Huh? Wouldn't they make him look fatter? Plus, he'd be tempted to pick them up and put them on his cheesesteak.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Also remember Reid doesn't like small people because they make him look skinny.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    It's been reported all over 610 WIP, Pro Football Talk and Gcobb.com

The Cards rejected the trade, wanting a first-rounder and Lito Sheppard in return.

Eagles always go OL or DL under Big Red.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X