QB Rankings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB Rankings...

Argument No. 3: Manning may have won a Super Bowl, but how legitimate was it? The Chiefs did a great job beating themselves, thanks to Herm Edwards' countless blunders. Hey Herm, still think Trent Green is better than Damon Huard? Oh, and no one will ever forget Mike Solari's flawless run-middle, run-outside, throw-short-on-third-down offense. How did Kansas City not put up 40 points? Despite all of the Chiefs' errors, the Colts nearly lost that game because they couldn't score.

The following week, Brian Billick reminded everyone of a party-hard college student that forgot he had a midterm, so he simply copied off another guy who also wasn't prepared. Run middle. Run outside. Throw short. Score six points. I'm going to be sick.

The Patriots game was a completely different animal. New England had the game in the bag before all of Brady's mediocre (at best) receivers started dropping crucial passes. The defense was gassed in the fourth quarter, thanks to a lack of depth, allowing Indianapolis to come away with an improbable victory. Manning led an incredible comeback, but let's face it: If the Patriots had legitimate receivers, they would have marched on to the Super Bowl and claimed their fourth Lombardi Trophy.
    I know this was posted a while ago Walter, but I don't see how you can say Peytons Superbowl wasn't legitament. Peytons road to the Superbowl was about as legit as Tom Bradys and his tuck rule during his first campign. Tom Brady had a chance to win the game against the Colts and he threw an INT. Brady is a great QB and I don't dispute him being better than Manning, "but let's face it:" If Peyton and the Colts had home videos of the Patriots and all of the opponents they played all year he'd might be sitting on a few more rings himself.

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
    I know this was posted a while ago Walter, but I don't see how you can say Peytons Superbowl wasn't legitament. Peytons road to the Superbowl was about as legit as Tom Bradys and his tuck rule during his first campign. Tom Brady had a chance to win the game against the Colts and he threw an INT. Brady is a great QB and I don't dispute him being better than Manning, "but let's face it:" If Peyton and the Colts had home videos of the Patriots and all of the opponents they played all year he'd might be sitting on a few more rings himself.
    LOL, I'm still somewhat new to the site, so I have no idea who posted the quote inside this quote about Manning not having earned his SB ring. What the crap are you talking about, whoever you are? Lemme get this straight...Manning's SB isn't legit cuz Brady didn't have good receivers? What do the Patriot's receivers have to do with the Colts? That makes about as much sense as saying the Red Sox don't deserve their last World Series Championship because the Yankees' pitching staff sucked. Or Tiger Woods' last PGA Tour Championship didn't really count because Vijay Sings' caddy had strep throat, lol. WTF over.

DAK
    "I'm coming for you Murdock"

sigpic

Comment

That was Walter making an argument why Brady is better than Manning. Legitimate isn't the right word, but his anlaysis on the games is correct. I think he was trying to show Manning isn't nessascelary a big game qb now because he won the championship. You can never take away what he did though. You can say something about anybody that wins as DAK pointed out.

Comment

Yeah based on what Manning's past performances, I can't really say I was surprised he struggled against the Chargers
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by Dumb Azz Kracka View Post
          LOL, I'm still somewhat new to the site, so I have no idea who posted the quote inside this quote about Manning not having earned his SB ring. What the crap are you talking about, whoever you are? Lemme get this straight...Manning's SB isn't legit cuz Brady didn't have good receivers? What do the Patriot's receivers have to do with the Colts? That makes about as much sense as saying the Red Sox don't deserve their last World Series Championship because the Yankees' pitching staff sucked. Or Tiger Woods' last PGA Tour Championship didn't really count because Vijay Sings' caddy had strep throat, lol. WTF over.

DAK
          Probably just some idiot who has no right being on this site. *Sigh* damn football noobs.

Comment

Working...
          X