DWI for Dwayne Jarrett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWI for Dwayne Jarrett

What I always wonder is, if you're getting paid millions, you can't pay for a freaking cab?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

I don't have a link to substantiate it but I heard the Bengals were interested in Jarrett and a 2nd rounder for Ocho Cinco.
    NY Giants fan since birth.

I thought Jarrett was a legitimate sleeper last year because of the depleted Panthers WR core. He's only been a disappointment so far in the pros and this is just par for the course.

Comment

He's only a rookie and certainly isn't the first person to drive drunk.... he just got caught.

Comment

Still, he hasn't lived up to expectations at all. Rookie or not, the Panthers didn't have enough faith in him not to resign Mushin Muhammad to a contract. I wouldn't be surprised if he's released after this incident.
        - Also known as Dan.
        - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

I would be SHOCKED if he was released after this. Rookie WRs don't really breakout until their 3rd year so give him time.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
            I would be SHOCKED if he was released after this. Rookie WRs don't really breakout until their 3rd year so give him time.
            I understand this, I just thought the stars were aligned for Jarrett to bust some huge numbers in his rookie year. I don't even remember him playing many games at all last season. He must have been really unimpressive in training.

That being said, the Panthers had a lousy QB situation last year, so it's not all on him.

Comment

Yeah, I don't know about #1 WR numbers, but you'd expect more than seven catches out of your second round pick...
              - Also known as Dan.
              - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                Yeah, I don't know about #1 WR numbers, but you'd expect more than seven catches out of your second round pick...
                Well, Steve Smith is always going to get a lot of ball. But he should pick up a lot of defenders too.

Comment

Jarrett was inactive for either 6 or 8 games. And not cause of injury, apparently he couldn't understand the playbook...

I'm glad my team drafted his counterpart Steve Smith. :-)
                  NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

Jarrett was suppose to be the Panthers #3 Reciever this year...he was INACTIVE half the season because the coach said he was LAZY among other things.
                    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I think if you put the over-21 drinking crowd on a lie-detector test, you'll find out that at least half have driven drunk at one point in their lives. I love how the media makes such a big deal about this.
                      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Not saying DUI-ing is OK; just saying it shouldn't be a huge deal.
                        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                          I think if you put the over-21 drinking crowd on a lie-detector test, you'll find out that at least half have driven drunk at one point in their lives. I love how the media makes such a big deal about this.
                          ONLY half?

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                            Look, I'll admit, at some stage I would have been over our limit here in Oz (0.05% BAC), but at the most only by a point. The difference lies perhaps in getting caught. As silly as it sounds, how often do you get stopped/tested driving around, even late at night. For me it's practically never, and I've never been tested in the US. It's a one-off, but just on the numbers, I doubt that this is the first, fifth or even tenth time he'd DWI'd.

I agree to that it shouldn't be such a big deal. I was just talking with someone about the whole Spitzer-prostitute thing. My reaction was so what? I'm a little harder on sports stars though, because I think they tend to be idolized and emulated more than politicians. So, naughty boy, don't do it again. Smack!

Comment

People questioned his character and didn't like his route running/speed at USC. Some thought he was a reach in the 2nd round by the Panthers.

I agree with Walter and am not going to nitpick Jarrett, just putting it out there what people thought about him as a prospect.
                              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Working...
                              X