Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blog Update

http://www.walterfootball.com/mattblog.php

Thanks walter for putting it up...ask any questions and give criticicms comments here (obviously).
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

do we have to read it or can we just criticize anyway?

Comment

you forgot to mention the packers who made the great move of getting a second round pick for a free agent who wasn't wanted there anyway. bravo, green bay. much hurrah.

Comment

True, but Green Bay didn't have to make any upgrades their team is already awesome ... easy to stand pat when your team is awesome. Harder to do it when your team isn't that great.

Comment

good point.

Comment

lol easy to agree with a guy when he calls your favorite team "awesome" twice in one post

Comment

Good read, but where are the thanks for helping you with your laptop . Seriously, I don't care a ton (but it would be appreciated)

Comment

I haven't purchased it yet but the props r coming (and man are you mad about that lol)

Comment

Hey Matt, I wanted to comment on your thoughts about the Chiefs in your latest blog. While I agree that they did the right thing by not "overspending", I think they should have been more aggressive in bringing in FA's to look at. Demorrio is decent depth, but he wasn't a need. Kaufman had over 100 tackles in the MLB spot and your MLB is only gonna perform as long as your DT's do a good job at keeping blockers off of them. Then ofcourse you have Devard Darling recently signed. Though a position of need (WR), he's an underachiever and seemingly another waste of money.

The Chiefs are notorious for being cheap and always over paying for flops. I think they should have atleast brought in lots of guys to look at to atleast put that facade out there that they are willing to do whatever it takes to get better AND build through the draft, which they have been doing a better job at.

You also commented about Hali being one of their young stars. Yes, he is young. However, he is a liability in the running game and he's not much of a playmaker like Jared Allen is. I also don't think Allen will be in KC next year. He recently showed up at a black tie event here in which he was the recipient of the Derrick Thomas award and he showed up in jeans, cowboy boots, and one of those cheesy t-shirts with the tux print on it. This is Jared Allen ofcourse...country boy, but that can be viewed as an insult to the organization.

The Chiefs just have too many holes to fill and they will lose several more of their key players next year. I just don't think they have the ownership to ever be a serious Super Bowl contender. I'm sure they will get a few starters in this years draft, but to me, the whole situation appears to be a downward spiral and I wouldn't be surprised if we are laughing at the Chiefs organization like we laugh at the Raiders in the near future...if not already.
                  "I love me some me!"

Comment

It's hard to be a super bowl contender, I think what fans want is a team that is occasionally in the playoffs and generally will be happy. The reason why the chiefs sucked lately is because their legendary OL disappeared (brian waters, willie roaf, john tait, etc.)

This isn't a team that will contend for a playoff spot next year but I think they could win 7 games.

Getting to a super bowl is an unrealistic standard, but I know what you are saying. Hey the packers are cheap but they know what they are doing. Be patient, it lombardi might come eventually.

Comment

steelers only signing was mewelde moore and ben rorthlisberger

Comment

Well there are like 10-20 teams in the NFL like this (don't have them all at the top of my head) and it would take too long to give every team credit where it was due I just wanted to point out a couple teams that know what they are doing.

The steelers are a good team. I don't see the Browns not winning the division next year and this franchise is not a perennial loser like the Chiefs and Texans ... those are teams I wanted to point out the teams who are always sucking and yet they stay patient.

Comment

I have a hard time praising anything Carl Peterson has done recently.

But I agree with your take on the Texans.
                          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Is peterson the gm of the chiefs? why dont you like him walter? just asking ... ALSO why do you say the iggles won't go WR in round 1 i need to know everything u do esp. about the iggles.

Comment

The Eagles in a normal year prob. wouldn't go WR but it looks like they're going all-in this year. In the past they just haven't valued the receiver position as much as other positions.

Carl Peterson is one of the worst GMs in the NFL. Any Chiefs fan will tell you that. The fact that he completely neglected the offensive line after losing Hall-of-Fame linemen in back-to-back years is just one of the many dumb things he has done in his tenure.
                              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Working...
                              X