X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter
    replied
    Originally posted by yem123 View Post
    Personally, I'm still mad that they cut Casey Printers at the end of last camp!
    I know! Casey Printers was the best QB on that roster. Peterson is so clueless, I really feel sorry for Chiefs fans.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    Well Yem releasing players is usually up to the coach unless your name is Al Davis or Dan Snyder.

Leave a comment:

• yem123
    replied
    Originally posted by Walter View Post
    The Eagles in a normal year prob. wouldn't go WR but it looks like they're going all-in this year. In the past they just haven't valued the receiver position as much as other positions.

Carl Peterson is one of the worst GMs in the NFL. Any Chiefs fan will tell you that. The fact that he completely neglected the offensive line after losing Hall-of-Fame linemen in back-to-back years is just one of the many dumb things he has done in his tenure.
    Personally, I'm still mad that they cut Casey Printers at the end of last camp!

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    On the Browns Free Agency (Know this is a week late but oh well). Savage said they had offers for a first and third for Anderson but they were late first and thirds making me think the trade offer came from San Fransisco.

Now I would take that in a heartbeat but Savage says it is better to have both for the next 3 years. In who's warped mind will that EVER happen. If Quinn isnt the starter by Week 1 09 he is gone. Savage is living in a fantasy world with those thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• titan_qb_3
    replied
    Carl Peterson is as bad as Al Davis and this is coming from a Chiefs fan. Matt you said we are perennial losers but we went to the playoffs 2 years ago and won 13 games in 03 i think it was

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    The Eagles in a normal year prob. wouldn't go WR but it looks like they're going all-in this year. In the past they just haven't valued the receiver position as much as other positions.

Carl Peterson is one of the worst GMs in the NFL. Any Chiefs fan will tell you that. The fact that he completely neglected the offensive line after losing Hall-of-Fame linemen in back-to-back years is just one of the many dumb things he has done in his tenure.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Is peterson the gm of the chiefs? why dont you like him walter? just asking ... ALSO why do you say the iggles won't go WR in round 1 i need to know everything u do esp. about the iggles.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    I have a hard time praising anything Carl Peterson has done recently.

But I agree with your take on the Texans.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Well there are like 10-20 teams in the NFL like this (don't have them all at the top of my head) and it would take too long to give every team credit where it was due I just wanted to point out a couple teams that know what they are doing.

The steelers are a good team. I don't see the Browns not winning the division next year and this franchise is not a perennial loser like the Chiefs and Texans ... those are teams I wanted to point out the teams who are always sucking and yet they stay patient.

Leave a comment:

• bulldog0123
    replied
    steelers only signing was mewelde moore and ben rorthlisberger

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    It's hard to be a super bowl contender, I think what fans want is a team that is occasionally in the playoffs and generally will be happy. The reason why the chiefs sucked lately is because their legendary OL disappeared (brian waters, willie roaf, john tait, etc.)

This isn't a team that will contend for a playoff spot next year but I think they could win 7 games.

Getting to a super bowl is an unrealistic standard, but I know what you are saying. Hey the packers are cheap but they know what they are doing. Be patient, it lombardi might come eventually.

Leave a comment:

• Warpig
    replied
    Hey Matt, I wanted to comment on your thoughts about the Chiefs in your latest blog. While I agree that they did the right thing by not "overspending", I think they should have been more aggressive in bringing in FA's to look at. Demorrio is decent depth, but he wasn't a need. Kaufman had over 100 tackles in the MLB spot and your MLB is only gonna perform as long as your DT's do a good job at keeping blockers off of them. Then ofcourse you have Devard Darling recently signed. Though a position of need (WR), he's an underachiever and seemingly another waste of money.

The Chiefs are notorious for being cheap and always over paying for flops. I think they should have atleast brought in lots of guys to look at to atleast put that facade out there that they are willing to do whatever it takes to get better AND build through the draft, which they have been doing a better job at.

You also commented about Hali being one of their young stars. Yes, he is young. However, he is a liability in the running game and he's not much of a playmaker like Jared Allen is. I also don't think Allen will be in KC next year. He recently showed up at a black tie event here in which he was the recipient of the Derrick Thomas award and he showed up in jeans, cowboy boots, and one of those cheesy t-shirts with the tux print on it. This is Jared Allen ofcourse...country boy, but that can be viewed as an insult to the organization.

The Chiefs just have too many holes to fill and they will lose several more of their key players next year. I just don't think they have the ownership to ever be a serious Super Bowl contender. I'm sure they will get a few starters in this years draft, but to me, the whole situation appears to be a downward spiral and I wouldn't be surprised if we are laughing at the Chiefs organization like we laugh at the Raiders in the near future...if not already.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    I haven't purchased it yet but the props r coming (and man are you mad about that lol)

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    Good read, but where are the thanks for helping you with your laptop . Seriously, I don't care a ton (but it would be appreciated)

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    lol easy to agree with a guy when he calls your favorite team "awesome" twice in one post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X