Phil Savage living in a freakin Fairy Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Savage living in a freakin Fairy Land

After signing Quarterback Derek Anderson to a three year contract worth 20 Mil Phil Savage said they were only offered a late first and late third for Anderson and it was not worth letting him go for that. He says for the next three years Derek Anderson and former first round selection Brady Quinn will work hard together and basically live in harmony. What was Savage high on when he had these thoughts?

Quinn was a FIRST ROUND PICK! He will not sit around for three years, making first round money, believing he is the better QB while Anderson gets the playing time. If Quinn isnt starting by year 3 he will probbobly demand a trade and Savage will need to puff on whatever it was he was puffing on when he made that statement and pray the request goes away.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Derek Anderson is awesome.

We’re just gonna keep poking at you. jk

Comment

I know it is such a dumb move. You'd think he'd want some draft picks back but I guess not.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I couldnt agree more Matt. Stupedest thing is that Savage thinks Quinn and Anderson can co-exist long term. Not happening.
        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
          After signing Quarterback Derek Anderson to a three year contract worth 20 Mil Phil Savage said they were only offered a late first and late third for Anderson and it was not worth letting him go for that. He says for the next three years Derek Anderson and former first round selection Brady Quinn will work hard together and basically live in harmony. What was Savage high on when he had these thoughts?

Quinn was a FIRST ROUND PICK! He will not sit around for three years, making first round money, believing he is the better QB while Anderson gets the playing time. If Quinn isnt starting by year 3 he will probbobly demand a trade and Savage will need to puff on whatever it was he was puffing on when he made that statement and pray the request goes away.
          They where never offered a late first and third. Phil said he was affraid someone with a late round pick would come along and sign Anderson and then trade up into a top spot with him. So for the record there was never an offer and furter more a team wouldn't have made an offer to the Browns they would have proposed a contract to Anderson and then the Brown would have had to match the contract.

As far as Quinn is concerned. It donen't realy matter if he is happy or not sitting behind Anderson. First if Quinn is still behind Anderson after a few games, that would mean that the Browns are winning and no SHOULD care if Quinn is on the bench. One last thing, remember Steve Young, he sat behind a pretty good QB for a few years, that worked out alright.

Comment

Yes, but Young wasn't getting paid a sh**load of money. He was being paid a lot, but still, it wasn't as much as Quinn. Besides, Joe was in his 30s, and Anderson is in his mid-20s.

Comment

Quinn isn't making a lot of money now either... and won't be next year.

Comment

He is a FIRST ROUND DRAFT CHOICE! GG Savage still think they can co-exist long term with Quinn as a backup and yes he will take exception in time to sitting because he was told when drafted he is the future of the team, he was drafted to think that way. They haven't given him the chance to be that and wont for at least a year. He will get fed up and getting paid first round money which makes you wonder why they are even keeping him.

He is Dilusional to think that way. After this year using Quinn as a backup will implode.

Comment

I haven't had time to address this issue in my blog but I will eventually

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                    He is a FIRST ROUND DRAFT CHOICE! GG Savage still think they can co-exist long term with Quinn as a backup and yes he will take exception in time to sitting because he was told when drafted he is the future of the team, he was drafted to think that way. They haven't given him the chance to be that and wont for at least a year. He will get fed up and getting paid first round money which makes you wonder why they are even keeping him.

He is Dilusional to think that way. After this year using Quinn as a backup will implode.
                    Hold on Joey. You need to get your facts strait before you go quoting someone. Savage never said anything about long term. Savage did reference to this up and coming year put never reference beyond that. So before you go on with you little song and dance get the facts strait.

Thank you.

P.S. It's GQ not GG just fyi

Comment

if they had a first and third offer for Anderson, regardless of whether it was early or late, he should have taken it.

And if Quinn is content to sit on the bench then good job to Savage. But i dont see that happening.

Its one of the things that bothers me about Aaron Rodgers. He never even tried to put up a fight to take over in Green Bay and never even spoke out about it for 3 years. I know he was playing behind Favre, but come on, 17 years later you can make an argument that it doesn't matter who he is or was.

And its one of the things that i liked about Phillip Rivers. He may be somewhat arrogant, ****y, foolish, whatever, but he wanted to be on that field, he wanted it to be his team, he wanted to be that leader even with Brees out there playing at a pro bowl level. He just flat out wanted it.

Comment

Hell if I could learn from Bret Favre for 3 years I would do it.

Anderson and Quinn coexisting for the long haul...I want what Savage was smoking. Must be some good sh*t to relax a guy enough to make that statement.

Get Rivers healthy and see him go. As long as he backs it up his play he can be as ****y as he wants.

Comment

**** a first and third...I'd trade Anderson straight up for pick #31...I'd be happy just with a first rounder.

Comment

No sh*t Matt. Keeping him won't work well in the end for the Browns one way or the other. There will be a QB cntriversay, there will be problems with Quinn and management if he isn't starting soon, and yes a trade of one or the other will happen in the end.

Comment

Yup. I think it is actually really lazy to wait and decide on a QB. I heard Adam Schefter say (behind the scenes of NFLN...assuming he was told this) that "why should they have to decide now...see what happens."

But as you know JP if they do this one of these players loses an extreme amount of value either way.

Savage has done a phenomenal job as the Browns GM...but this is a time when he could seriously put his team over the top. I mean lets just say for fun times he would still trade Anderson to the 49ers for their first and third picks. What is the Browns range at pick #29 (realistically):

*RB: Felix Jones, Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles
                              *OG: Branden Albert, Sam Baker, Chilo Rachal
                              *RT: Gosder Cherilus, Carl Nicks, Jeff Otah
                              *ILB: Curtis Lofton, Dan Connor
                              *CB: Aqib Talib, Antoine Cason, Brandon Flowers, Tracy Porter, Reggie Smith

I think I made my point here (JP, I know I am preaching to your choir). I just think with Brady Quinn under center and one of those guys listed above, this team gets a lot better.

Comment

Working...
                              X