Lions cut Kevin Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lions cut Kevin Jones

According to a text espn sent me. Heres a link http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3291948

With all this injuried Jonathan Stewart talk...Rashard Mendenhall to the Lions?
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Hey Craig I thought he was going to be traded for a first round pick in this draft? lol
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I will think he gets picked up soon. Redskins and Ravens might need a good change of pace back.
        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Perhaps Shaun Alexander will wind up with the Lions now...
          Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

They are talking to Michael Pittman

Comment

They also cut Kalimba Edwards at the same time. This is salary cap stuff.....dumping high paid players in the hope of getting lower ones. And Jones is coming off his second straight injury.

I expected the Edwards cut, but I had no idea the Lions were going to cut jones.

Comment

I dont think anyone expected them to do it

Comment

Ehhh, decent move, but I think they should have kept him and told him he wasn't starting anymore. Maybe they wanted to and he refused, prompting the cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                    Hey Craig I thought he was going to be traded for a first round pick in this draft? lol
                    Yea and i thought Andre Woodson was going to be the first QB taken possibly the first overall selection and Sam Baker was a better tackle prospect that Jake Long and than Derrick Harvey wasn't close to a first round pick...

Oh and lets not forget, and i believe this is a word for word quote from you. Darren McFadden is the best pro runningback prospect since Herschal Walker. Of course until Mike Mayock opened his mouth and said he wasn't. But you dont let other people's opinion influnce your "Scouting"

lol whats your point
                    Last edited by Craig Smith; 03-13-2008, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Smith View Post
                      Yea and i thought Andre Woodson was going to be the first QB taken possibly the first overall selection and Sam Baker was a better tackle prospect that Jake Long and than Derrick Harvey wasn't close to a first round pick...

Oh and lets not forget, and i believe this is a word for word quote from you. Darren McFadden is the best pro runningback prospect since Herschal Walker. Of course until Mike Mayock opened his mouth and said he wasn't. But you dont let other people's opinion influnce your "Scouting"

lol whats your point
                      Thems fightin words

Comment

Thems ownage words. I never saw the McFadden quote though.

Comment

Damn Ike...put a lil stank on it...

DAK
                          "I'm coming for you Murdock"

sigpic

Comment

DAK while you're here I've been meaning to say, I hate your user name, but your avatar totally makes up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Smith View Post

lol whats your point
                              I never said he was the best RB prospect since Hershel Walker. Never said that.

Yeah I thought Woodson would be the first QB taken. You also had Brian Brohm going #1 overall with no arm strength. No one really thought Ryan was the top QB in this class before the season.

I thought Sam Baker was 6'5 not 6'3 1/2 and I thought he was bigger than his listed size at USC. If he was 6'5 I would maintain he is a better LT prospect than Long because of his athletic ability, but he lacks the size to play tackle in this league in a non-ZBS scheme. He has small arms too and that is something really hard to see on film until it is measured officially.
                              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Working...
                              X