NFL Offseason Rumor Mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Offseason Rumor Mill

I Figure this should be added with the other 3 stickies until the draft. I feel there is good information to be had and lots to discuss..hopefully
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

It's become "clear" that Michigan OT Jake Long will not get past the top three picks in the draft, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter.
    The Rams whined and dined Long on Thursday, bringing GM Bill Devaney, personnel man Tony Softli, president of football ops Jay Zygmunt, and coach Scott Linehan. That's just about everyone with any say in the organization. ESPN's John Clayton said Thursday that he thinks Long will go No. 1 to Miami.

Comment

DeAngelo Hall to the Giants for a first rounder

DeAngelo Hall to the Ravens for a first rounder

DeAngelo Hall to the Dallas for a first rounder

Source - Grapevine

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
        It's become "clear" that Michigan OT Jake Long will not get past the top three picks in the draft, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter.
        The Rams whined and dined Long on Thursday, bringing GM Bill Devaney, personnel man Tony Softli, president of football ops Jay Zygmunt, and coach Scott Linehan. That's just about everyone with any say in the organization. ESPN's John Clayton said Thursday that he thinks Long will go No. 1 to Miami.
        Thank you John!!!

Comment

Eagles trade:

CB Lito Sheppard
          2nd-round pick

Arz trades:

Anquan Boldin

Source - 610 WIP
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

No chance Jake Long is taken #1. Parcells passed up on Orlando Pace (most legit LT prospect of all time) in 1997 AND Walter Jones. He's taking Chris Long TRUST ME.

My friend at work (skins fan) says the Redskins are going to sign DJ Hackett ... remember Jim Zorn was the QBs coach in SEattle so this makes sense.
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

As much as I like the Anquan Bolden for Lito Sheppard as an objective, logical analyst of talent and situation. However as a fan I dont like it. Dont like the Eagles.

Same way Hacket Deal makes sense.As long as he doesn't step on the other midgets at Wide reciever they have in Washington.
              If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
              Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Two hours after his release was made public, 12 teams showed interest in former Lions RB Kevin Jones.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._services.html

Comment

Jeez. I don't see why. He is often hurt, he can't run inside, etc, etc.

Comment

Lol there was also something I was reading that said Jon Kitna is happy and is expecting Tatum Bell to be the starting RB for the 08 season. He said something along the lines of Bell is a 1000 yrd/season back and made it seem like there was no hole at RB. Yea keep dreaming buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
                      Lol there was also something I was reading that said Jon Kitna is happy and is expecting Tatum Bell to be the starting RB for the 08 season. He said something along the lines of Bell is a 1000 yrd/season back and made it seem like there was no hole at RB. Yea keep dreaming buddy.
                      I read that too. Dude, get your head out of the clouds. Bell got a thousand in DEN, but everyone gets 1,000 yards there. Mike Anderson got 1,500 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                        I read that too. Dude, get your head out of the clouds. Bell got a thousand in DEN, but everyone gets 1,000 yards there. Mike Anderson got 1,500 yards.
                        hey everyone made fun of KGB when he said (in the pre-season) that the packers would be in the super bowl that year. by the end of the season he didn't look so foolish, and if favre could've completed better than 12% of his passes he would've been right.
                        his point, though, was "how are we going to get there if we don't believe we can to start out with?" basically saying that it would be just as foolish to not believe it.
                        i'll make fun of the lions though because they're really not very good.

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
                          hey everyone made fun of KGB when he said (in the pre-season) that the packers would be in the super bowl that year. by the end of the season he didn't look so foolish, and if favre could've completed better than 12% of his passes he would've been right.
                          his point, though, was "how are we going to get there if we don't believe we can to start out with?" basically saying that it would be just as foolish to not believe it.
                          i'll make fun of the lions though because they're really not very good.
                          Of course the lions sucked. Mike Martz ruined their chances of doing anything.

Comment

Jones is a good change of pace back. He does however catch the injury bug to often.
                            If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                            Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                              Jones is a good change of pace back. He does however catch the injury bug to often.
                              Jones sucks as a change of pace pack because he doesn't know what he wants to be. When he was drafted he was a great speed pack, i think he ran like a 4.36 at the combine or something like that. And he played well in an outside, elusive rusher capacity, racking up over 1,000 yards. But he lacked the ability to run people over.

So for his second year he put on some weight, about 10 to 15 lbs (i believe he was around 205 when he was drafted, and know weighs about 220) so he was able to power more, but it had negative effects, his speed dropped badly, making him more of an inside power runner (something you need an offensive line to be) and i believe at his heaviest he was pushing 230 (i think 227 was his highest listed weight). And he then developed injury problems.

He has tried to lose weight to regain his speed but after two serious lower extremity injuries (foot, knee), he will never be a 4.36 guy again. Even if he goes all the way back down to 205. and after the injuries, chances are he will never develop that kind of running power that a bigger back carries either.

Comment

Working...
                              X