• Show
Clear All

Good Lawd.....

DAK
    "I'm coming for you Murdock"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
      Woodson can't handle pressure? ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

FOUR COMEBACK VICTORIES THIS YEAR: LOUISVILLE, ARKANSAS, LSU, VANDERBILT AND HE CAN'T HANDLE PRESSURE?

This is ridiculous. If Andre Woodson can't handle pressure then every other QB can't handle pressure.

I have 4 UK game tapes of Woodson and I have seen nearly every game he has played in his career. I know him. I know his strengths, I know his weaknesses, and I know how good he is going to be if he is given an OL in the NFL (and don't knock him for this, every QB needs an OL).
      My bad, I thought I had implied pocket pressure since I was addressing his pocket presence.

Comment

I'm willing to say that Joey Harrington and David Carr both suck because they were both thrown into horrible situations for a QB to be in and were expected to be the miracles for both teams. When they basically got decapitated during the first few seasons, they lost any confidence they had and they second guess themselves to no end.
        - Also known as Dan.
        - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
          I'm willing to say that Joey Harrington and David Carr both suck because they were both thrown into horrible situations for a QB to be in and were expected to be the miracles for both teams. When they basically got decapitated during the first few seasons, they lost any confidence they had and they second guess themselves to no end.
          I can't agree more with the first part. But, I think that if either one gets on a good team you'll see the guy that got drafted so high do well again.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
            I would have to agree with this 100%. Not that my job is anything like being a QB in the NFL, but I'll make a comparison on a mental aspect. I'm an air traffic controller and probably the most important aspect of my job is confidence. A really good buddy of mine just washed out today and failed his training. I've seen this guy previously work traffic that would make a mortal man cry. Planes all over the place and **** about the hit the fan and he worked it out like a champ. Somewhere along the line with his training something really f'ed up happened and he lost his confidence and it spiraled downhill after that. That happens very frequently in my job as some of the best controllers don't make it and some of the worst fly through no problem...it's really quirky that way. He was one of the most talented guys working this job I've ever seen and now tomorrow he'll be looking for another job.

I say that because I agree totally with Harrington and Carr being busts with their teams because they went into situations that were doomed from the start. They were getting killed from the get-go and started questioning their ability to "live" in this league. Atleast, that's my impression after watching them the last several years. I've often pondered that scenario many times. Why is it that some people make it and some don't. I don't recall the guys name, but there was some famous athlete that turned into a motivational speaker and he always says he won the ovarian lottery. Basically, meaning that he was born to a specific family, in a specific country in a specific lifestyle where his natural born abilities were harvested into the person he grew to become. Alot of the players in the NFL lose the "lottery" no matter how talented they are.

Some people wonder if Harrington or Carr would have turned out to be great if they had been on a team where they could have sat a couple years behind a solid veteran and learned how to be a QB and then took over once they matured. Also, and even more importantly I always wonder if Tom Brady would have been drafted by a team like the Texans or Lions what he would have turned out like. Somehow I think he wouldn't be the same QB he is now.

I think Craig could turn out to be right if Woodson gets drafted by a crappy team and thrown into the fire way too early, and I think Matt could be right if he gets put in a situation similar to how Brady was.

Either way neither of you two will ever find out who is right or wrong because there won't ever be any proof.

DAK

sigpic

Comment

Blazedestine post for HOF?

You'll see in my breakdown of the Dolphins draft strategy (which I sent to walter at 5:00 AM today...yeah I was up LATE doing draft stuff) I addressed what he said and why the Dolphins shouldn't take Ryan #1. Actually mentioned a bunch of bust quarterbacks, Carr and Harrington among them.

I mean look at every elite QB in this league and look at his left tackle and receivers. It's not rocket science. Every QB needs the tools.
              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Matt Ryan may be sort of a different character though.

Ryan's used to making lead look like gold.

I still don't think that even at his peak, Ryan is worth a #1 selection. But either Long is a possibility, as far as I'm concerned. To me, Chris only edges out Jake because of the Giants winning through pressure, and Chris being Howie's kid.
                - Also known as Dan.
                - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

I don't buy that Ryan didn't have weapons at BC ... I saw his receivers make a lot of plays especially #84 on film (don't know his name off top of my head).

He's really used to lead looking like gold. Like against that nasty Michigan State defense, he definately looked like a top 5 pick.

Blazedestin just a question for you but how come you look past all of Ryan's bad performances last year. Now I know every QB has some bad ones, but Ryan's stats were really mediocre than some and I just didn't see a top 5 QB against VT twice in the same season.

Ryan is my #1 QB, but I see a lot of Drew Bledsoe in him and I think he will have a similar career if he doesn't improve his decision making.

Comment

I have to agree with Matt. He will not be a phenomenal QB, he will be a very good QB (if he's lucky). That said, Andre Woodson will have more of an impact IMO.

Comment

I'm not saying he's going to be a great QB. He'll be... alright. Definitely starter-caliber, and he's more NFL ready than everyone except Chad Henne, as far as I'm concerned.

My top 5 QB's from a ready-to-play aspect are Ryan, Henne, Brohm, Woodson, Flacco.

As far as upside go, I say it's Flacco, Woodson, Ryan, Brohm, Henne.

I'll agree that his decision making is fairly poor, and he threw too many INT's to make himself a #1 selection. But he does have most of the physical attributes and leadership traits you want out of a QB. That's fairly hard to argue. He also is more used to running a pro-style offense than most other QB's in college.
                      - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Ryan can be a phenomenal QB...Woodson too.

The difference?

Woodson is more of a conservative minded passer. He doesn't throw the ball into tight spots and he takes sacks rather than turning the ball over. He had 325 passes without a pick in the SEC....lets just throw that stat out the window though with his slow release. I think Andre doesn't put enough zip on his throws (I think he will do it in the NFL) but he throws a beautiful spiral with great touch.

Ryan is more of an aggressive minded passer. Not afraid to fling it and he is INT prone. Accuracy is a little overrated, but he's solid here. Needs to improve footwork. Stop taking so many chances like Woodson, but Woodson needs to be more aggressive like Ryan.

Comment

Why do you like Chad Henne so much? Just asking about a QB that never really showed me anything other than complete inconsistency. Then he beats Florida in the Capital One bowl game and then looks great in shorts and he is a 2nd round pick.

Again I'm just asking pay no mind to my opinion I want to know what you think...and I'm doing this because I better want to understand the consensus opinion and I'm not knocking you for having a consensus opinion even though I hate on McShay and Kiper for that a lot.

Thanks

Comment

Yeah. I'll agree there. Woodson's slow release is a problem, and his tendency for floaters is another issue. My biggest problem is that he's only been coached for two seasons, like you said. Because of that, he's not going to be at his full potential, which is kinda scary.

The majority of the college games I watched were Arizona football. Watching Tuitama throw the football was like playing Russian Roulette with a revolver with six bullets loaded in the chambers.
                            - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Matt, If Woodson falls to round four or lower, you will be the object of a furious feeding frenzy the likes of which I just cannot imagine. And i can think of about 6 guys on this site that would have a field day with it.

Better get out there and campaign!!!

Comment

I would agree that he did look pretty bad against a few teams...i.e. VTech. But, I'll bring up that game as a reference to a point I wanted to make about the guy. If you watched that VTech game he looked horrible pretty much the entire game until midway through the 4th quarter. He was amazing taking the team down to score. The Tech defense didn't seem to have any answer for what he did against them. It was almost Elway'ish. I remember watching Elway with the Broncos throughout his career and some games he was just horrible for 3 1/2 quarters and for whatever reason would turn into superman in the 4th and single-handedly win the game. That's basically what Ryan did in that game.

DAK

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X