QB Woodson "terrible" in workout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
    He isn't going to know any offenses in the NFL Matt. He gets a small window to digest a few plays from a playbook.
    So what makes you think he didn't digest the playbook at the Senior Bowl? He didn't need much coaching it seemed from Martz unlike Brennan and Ainge he really harped on them a lot more than Woodson (isn't saying much I know I'm just putting it out there).

Woodson showed a tremendous ability last year to check audible at the line of scrimmage and change plays without help from his OC on the sideline. He did it in 50% of the plays vs. LSU. He has always taken his times at the LOS in college to read the defense and call the right play (mainly run plays). He audibled to the sluggo to Steve Johnson for the win against LSU.

He can read defenses, granted he needs to get better here but every rookie QB does going to the NFL, obviously.

He has mechanical flaws, but every rookie QB has mechanical flaws. His release wouldn't concern me as much as poor footwork would.

I mean you all never saw Woodson release when he was in high school or his first years at Kentucky. UGLY. When he held the ball positioned to throw he would wiggle his elbows up and down. He has come a VERY LONG way since then and I love the will to get better and the improvement in such a short period of time for an entire career of a QB (dating back to HS).

I'm confident he will keep improving because he has gotten better every year.

I'm going to keep selling Andre Woodson. It's not going to stop. I have seen too much that impresses me when I evaluate the quarterback position.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

let's face it, woodson is no A-Rod.

Comment

a-rod grows a much fuller beard.

Comment

Matt, I agree he'll continue to improve. My argument was that I don't think he's improved enough to start in the NFL as a rookie.
          - Also known as Dan.
          - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

In my mock that I'm working on, the Seahawks take Woodson in the third round, planning on making him their eventual starter after Hasselbeck retires.
            - Also known as Dan.
            - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
              In my mock that I'm working on, the Seahawks take Woodson in the third round, planning on making him their eventual starter after Hasselbeck retires.
              Oh, WTF? What do you think we traded for Charlie Frye last year for????

DAK
              "I'm coming for you Murdock"

sigpic

Comment

:P

On another note, Frye suffers from the Harrington-Carr Syndrome too.

In fact, that's what I'm going to call it from now on.

Harrington-Carr Syndrome: A disease that afflicts only those who were selected with the intentions on making them the future of the team. Often initially referred to as a "Savior". Harrington-Carr Syndrome generally, but not always, afflicts first round draft selections. H-C Syndrome's symptoms include:

1. Lack of any confidence whatsoever, also linked with often second-guessing their own actions.
                2. Obvious physical talent that cannot be tapped by any known means.
                3. Ridicule and scorn by the general football community.

There is currently no known cure.
                Last edited by Blazedestin; 03-14-2008, 12:31 AM.
                - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Sorry Blaze, but I can't help myself.

Frye wasn't selected in the top 5.

DAK
                  "I'm coming for you Murdock"

sigpic

Comment

Yeah. He was a 3rd rounder. But he was still considered to be the savior and the future of the Browns.
                    - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Yeah but sometimes the blame can be assessed on the QB too. Texans fans feel like Carr's OL was good enough to win ... the next year he leaves Schuab was really impressive with the same OL. Carr hung onto the ball too long and like you said his early years might have jilted his confidence.

I mean guys like Jeff George and Ryan Leaf just didn't have good attitudes for the game. Jamarcus Russell might be in that categoy. I had Brady Quinn as my #1 QB for a reason but Russell's upside dictated he go #1, but I honestly didn't see enough love for the game from him.

Comment

Yeah but same for Andrew Walter and the Raiders ... Al Davis liked him.

A three round pick isn't a big investment. Was he a bust? Yeah. But so is Bruce Gradkowski and he was 6th round pick. It is about the investment the franchise made.

Comment

I thought Gradkowski was a 4th rounder.

Either way, they all got shell-shocked in their first season in the NFL, like the two namesakes.
                          - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                            Matt, I agree he'll continue to improve. My argument was that I don't think he's improved enough to start in the NFL as a rookie.
                            Very few rookie QB's are ready to start in the NFL...
                            Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

I've seen Woodson play a few times.... and I have to agree with Matt on a gut feeling level... he has led some pretty awesome comebacks. That's an intangible that is one of the most important in a QB. That is the same reason why no matter how bad he did, I always knew Eli Manning had the potential... yeah 4 INTs versus the Vikings but he led the comeback drive in the superbowl. Montana also had that comeback ability, Brady too... I think Woodson has it and could be a huge steal. Time will tell.
                              NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

Give Woodson to Cleveland in Round 4. Then they can have 3 great young quarterbacks and Phil Savage can live in his fairy land about them all living in harmony for the long haul
                                If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                                Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Working...
                                X