No announcement yet.

Who is the next elite NFL QB prospect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryan Mallet will do wonders in Bobby Petrino's system. I like Mitch Mustain too.

Comment

[QUOTE=Matt McGuire;37262]Matt Stafford if he brings all the tools together ... very raw now though I think he is overrated a lot just because he plays for Georgia.

Also Mark Sanchez, my favorite is Sam Bradford, and Dan Lefour (I think tha'ts his name) from Central Michigan are all possibilities.[/QUOYo

You mean Dan Lefevour? Yeah he is like Tebow except its not all his system. I think Bradford is going to be a high pick, but Josh Freemans has a very high ceiling

Comment

I also like Sam Bradford to be an elite QB Prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog0123 View Post
          terrelle pryor
          Won't do much in the pros, but pryor will be a college stud.

Comment

todd reasing-kansas he was a big part in the kansas orange bowl run(taking nothing away from aqib talib) lol
            Brett Favre in 2 years...sigpic

Comment

I believe in Matthew Stafford. He just needs time.

Comment

They all need time, but until he does anything he is a very overrated player.
                2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                  Won't do much in the pros, but pryor will be a college stud.
                  I highly disagree. He has got amazing arm strength. If he really is 6'4 or better (doubt he is 6'6) he has got some great tools. He went to the perfect school imo of the ones he choose because I have great respect for the offense Tressell runs.

He likely will be redshirted and he will have to earn the starting job. I think Pryor has top five upside if he can put it all together...but I felt the same way about Ryan Perilloux but he suffers from PMS (Pac Man Syndrome).

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                    They all need time, but until he does anything he is a very overrated player.
                    Eh, every highly-touted five star recruit is overrated because they're always seen as the next messiah for the school (unless you're USC, in which case you get like 10 five star recruits per class). Stafford was no different.

If Stafford keeps improving like he did from freshman -> sophomore year, he could definitely be a top-tier NFL prospect. It'd also help if one of our receivers this year steps up as "the guy", whether it be Massaquoi, new frosh Aj Green, or whoever, then things could be even better for him.

Someone mentioned Lefevour, and I agree, I liked watching him play when I saw the Central Mich bowl game on TV...Locker from Wash is a freshman, too, right? He seems to be kind of a sensation as well...

Comment

Originally posted by jayhawk fan12 View Post
                      todd reasing-kansas he was a big part in the kansas orange bowl run(taking nothing away from aqib talib) lol
                      Your kidding right? He is a great college QB but will never be an elite prospect. Oh and you misspelled his name

Comment

Originally posted by McWatt View Post
                        If Stafford keeps improving like he did from freshman -> sophomore year, he could definitely be a top-tier NFL prospect.
                        1. Him being overrated means nothing to me in terms of his high school rating, because personally I think high school recruiting is very overrated when talking about individual players.

Stafford being overrated means I think he is overrated right now that has nothing to do what he did/expected to do coming out of high school.

2. Please give me a very logical explanation how Stafford has developed at all in Athens. I don't see it. I don't see the polish. He doesn't audible much in the passing game and he makes a lot of careless throws, which I expect from a young QB.

I'm just saying he hasn't really developed at all. He should have been a star towards the end of the year with that running game, OL, and defense and he was far from it.

Everyone thought UGA had the best team in the country last year, but if they played USC, Ohio State, or LSU their lack of a passing game would have absolutely exploited them and it is because Matt Stafford simply doesn't get it yet. I'm not saying the upside isn't there because I love his arm, but he needs to be a more mature pocket passer.

Comment

Working...
                        X