X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete Fiutak: "Tim Tebow would go #1 in 2008"

At 1:32

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d806ecd1f

Let another great Tim Tebow debate begin.

Just wait until my next radio appearence...I'm don't wanna talk Tebow, but there is something I just can't wait to say and I think it is going to take a lot of people by surprise because it is something that goes against the grain of what everyone else is saying right now.
    Last edited by Matt McGuire; 03-17-2008, 02:57 AM.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

That's a link to a Charles Davis Mock Draft. Which by the way shame on him for saying Mayocks Draft was bad so they came to him for another one (even if he was joking) come on Charles Davis... you know you suck.

Comment

My bad I'll change the link

EDIT: It's fixed now

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80738d50

Comment

I found it anyways. Eh, he just says, "Probably would have been the first overall pick in this years draft." I expected an argument or something.

Comment

They make the argument in this video that I put up against you a long time ago when I said I would rather pass on Matt Ryan (At the time it was Woodson when you had him going #8) and pay less to a player like Flacco (I said Ainge or JDB at the time).

I highly doubt there's "nothing" in the 2009 class at QB. Someone alway emerges just like Matt Ryan did last year.

Comment

Yeah Woodson and Jamarcus Russell didn't emerge until their junior years. There's potential in the 2009 class but right now it IS very weak.

I think it is much easier to take a 2nd tier QB now (just the evolution of the league/Draft) but like I said on TDMMC you take the best QB in the draft that fits your offensive scheme.

You can make that argument about any position .... pay less for X position and more for Y position.

It just depends on a lot of variables like scheme, other team needs, division, etc.

I think we are going to see a trend where there are less and less top 10 QBs drafted simply because of what you said and QBs in the draft have become less valued since the 2005 draft when aaron rodgers fell and the league is flooeded with franchise guys...the guy on that NFL.com link that said there isn't a lot of talent in the NFL at QB is a total moron.

Comment

is TDMMC the radio show? If not then what is it?

I agree with the less top 10 QBs, at least for now. The NFL seems to be set at the position, but a big part could be the last few drafts where Franchise QBs were taken a lot. Just in the last 5 years (off the top of my head) You have Palmer, Roethlisberger, Manning, Rivers, Schaub, Rogers, Smith (although he might not last much longer), Campbell, Tony Romo, Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn, Jamarcus Russell, Jay Culter, Matt Lienart, Vince Young, and then all the ones drafted last year I didn't mention like Beck, Edwards, Stanton, and Kolb that have potential to be the franchise guy.

That's more than half the NFL having their Franchise QB drafted in the last 5 years so I at least look for a decline.

Comment

f**k Tebow, none of these mobile qbs are doing **** in the pros. He is no Vick and no Vince Young and both those guys did nothing so far. Tebow is gonna have to show me a lot more before I take him #1 overall.
                  Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

I'd take his girlfriend number one before I'd take him.
                    Im not a Cleveland Cavaliers fan....No, I'm a LeBron James fan.

Comment

tebow has a lot more character and better work ethic than either one of them. he actually WANTS to work on his pocket passing and throwing mechanics, and defense reading etc., instead of just saying, oh heck i have it made because I am great in college ball.

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
                        tebow has a lot more character and better work ethic than either one of them. he actually WANTS to work on his pocket passing and throwing mechanics, and defense reading etc., instead of just saying, oh heck i have it made because I am great in college ball.
                        So, does that mean that he will stay his senior year as well to improve his skills?
                        Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

probably not because as matt says, florida's system will become a hindrance to his development. plus the pounding like a battering ram can't help his longevity.

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
                            I thinke every prospect WANTS to work on their weaknesses and prove people wrong. Colt Brennan doesn't want to be seen as a system QB but that is what he is. Vince Young wanted to be a more polished QB but he simply has gotten there yet. etc etc etc

Tebow better want to work on it but like you said he is a battering ram and that will definately wear on the longetivity of his career...those hits hurt & I think it is possible that soon the SEC might be able to slow down his read option. It happened with Hal Mumme at Kentucky he was tearing up the conference with his run n' shoot but eventually they caught up to it and it became less effective.

Also, Urban Meyer could give a **** about Tim Tebow in the NFL that's just the brutal truth...he gets paid to win college games I know that but I just don't have much respect at all for gimmick offenses. If he did care he wouldn't run the option and he wouldn't have tebow run the ball 15-20 times a game.

Comment

I really like Cullen Harper. I have Clemson winning the National Championship next year. I'm sure he'll be a huge part of it, and I'm pretty confident he'll be the best QB in 2009. Curtis Painter is also interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X