NFL.com 2007 Draft Class Progress Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL.com 2007 Draft Class Progress Reports

Wow, I didn't even realize what a huge contribution the 2007 Giants draft class had in their Superbowl run. Five of their 8 picks made big plays in the Superbowl, and seven of the 8 started. Very impressive draft!

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
    Wow, I didn't even realize what a huge contribution the 2007 Giants draft class had in their Superbowl run. Five of their 8 picks made big plays in the Superbowl, and seven of the 8 started. Very impressive draft!
    I've been hearing so much of that from ESPN and NFLN lately. Talking about 2 different team models, building through the draft (2007 Giants) and through free agency (2007 Patriots). I'd say though overall you'd have to give them an A+ grade for the 2007 draft, they were so good you'd have to drop the Vikings to an A out of respect.

Comment

for the steelers the only impact were sepulveda, woodley and spaeth

Comment

The ravens got great production out of every single rookie except Prescott Burgess, who still looks promising.

Comment

william gay looked great in the preseason but didnt play once in the regular season

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
            The ravens got great production out of every single rookie except Prescott Burgess, who still looks promising.
            Could you say they got great production out of Troy Smith?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
              He won a game, that's a huge accomplishment.

Comment

Not with a straight face

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                  He won a game, that's a huge accomplishment.
                  In week 17, with a completion percentage of less than 60%. It was better though than his week 16 performance where he complete less than 50% of his passes and lost 2 fumbles.

I'm not knocking the guy, but I don't think you can say you got great production out of a guy when he only started the last 2 games and did an average job in one of them and an awful one in the other.

Comment

In week 17, with a completion percentage of less than 60%. It was better though than his week 16 performance where he complete less than 50% of his passes and lost 2 fumbles.

I'm not knocking the guy, but I don't think you can say you got great production out of a guy when he only started the last 2 games and did an average job in one of them and an awful one in the other.
                    Yeah, you're I did make a mistake in saying "great" production. But he certainly showed flashes of brilliance, especially considering our o line couldn't block for **** during both games.

Comment

Bears got almost nothing out if this class last year. All guys are long term guys. Mcbride played real well. Wolfe looked good and Olsen played well and imo was our best receiver.
                      Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

The only thing that sucked about the Jets draft last year is how they gave up draft picks when they needed more help/depth. But I love what they did with the picks they had.

Darrelle Revis = money good chance he can be a pro bowler
                        David Harris = The (healthy) Vilma of the 3-4 base D. He is a beast!
                        Jacob Bender = Big body/project. Depth player for the line
                        Chansi Stucky = hurt the entire year. Trying to be #4 string WR next year whatever maybe he'll contribute on STs or something.

Plus we got Thomas Jones for basically swaping 2nd round picks and he looked solid considering the OLine was garbage to run behind.
                        WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                        Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Calvin Johnson - good production, not number two overall productions.
                          He had back problems throughout the year
                          Drew Stanton - Didn't play all year, after being put on IR in beginning of season.
                          Alama-Francis - Didn't see much field time, will be looking to compete for a job
                          this season
                          Gerald Alexander - Stepped in when Bullocks went down. Didn't play great, but
                          better than I expected.
                          A.J Davis - Was cut, now plays for the Cleveland Browns.

Two players who played. Not a great draft as of now.
                          Ann Arbor Wolverines

Starters ------------------------------ Reserves

PG: Steph Curry --------------------- Jason Kidd
                          SG: Joe Johnson -------------------- Grant Hill--Ben Gordon
                          SF: Kevin Durant ------------------- Dorrell Wright
                          PF/C:Al Jefferson -------------------- Kris Humphries
                          C:Marc Gasol ------------------------ Samuel Dalembert

Comment

Buccaneers will have the best draft imo when it is all said and done. Pro Bowls at DE (Adams), LG (Sears), and FS (Jackson)....they definately have that upside.
                            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                              Buccaneers will have the best draft imo when it is all said and done. Pro Bowls at DE (Adams), LG (Sears), and FS (Jackson)....they definately have that upside.
                              I don't know if I would use Pro Bowl as an example. Tampa Bay is kind of a poor market for pro bowl voters. They definitely should have sent more than just Garcia.

Comment

Working...
                              X