X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took a lot of heat this morning about Adrian Peterson tweet

http://walterfootball.com/nflnotes2013.php

Had to get it off my chest.

I know I'm an ******* but I honestly did not think a single person would be offended by this
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

What all you theinks?
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Timing is everything Walt. Maybe should've waited until later tonight to discuss fantasy implications.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingsteve26 View Post
        Timing is everything Walt. Maybe should've waited until later tonight to discuss fantasy implications.
        What if someone picks up Gerhart later?
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
          What if someone picks up Gerhart later?
          I don't know. People get sensitive with violence involving children. You gotta play it carefully. They're in an emotionally charged state, and to distract from where their energy is focused in a state like that can really be offensive. To them, it is like you're shoving the tragedy out of the way to get things back to business. That's not what you're doing, but that's their perception. Timing is everything.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingsteve26 View Post
            I don't know. People get sensitive with violence involving children. You gotta play it carefully.
            Agreed. But this is a site that offers fantasy advice. It's my job to do that
            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

I don't really see anything wrong with it, you're doing your job, timing may have been a bit off but it wasn't like you were saying: SIT PETERSON NOWWWWW HE'S BEING DRAGGED DOWN BY HIS KID!!! BENCH BENCH BENCH!!!

Twitter is essentially made for knee jerk reactions and such, don't feel too bad.
              Sig Bets

Sig Bet - Levine Toilolo will have at least 40 receptions in 2014 (ChicagoJay)

Title Bet - Toilolo will have 4+ TDs in 2013 (ChicagoJay) - TD Count: 2 :(

Round 1: Vic Beasley, OLB Round 2: Benardrick McKinney, ILB/OLB Round 3: Nick O'Leary, TE Round 4: Jermaine Whitehead, FS Round 5: Terry Williams, NT Round 6: Antwan Goodley, WR

Originally posted by Alastair
              It's a little outside of my scope of practice, but I believe the Browns have some form of auto-immune disorder that has been sinking the team into the ground for around 30 years. Many quarterbacks and coaches have come and gone, but none have been able to fight off this condition. There are some players with star talent on the roster, but the since there isn't enough hive immunity from sucking, the Browns continue to falter and can't seem to produce wins. I'll defer here to Johnnyallstar as he might have some information on the Browns' timeline of recovery and chances of reinjury.

Comment

You're thinking rationally. They're not. Simple as that. It's okay Walt, they'll get over it.

Comment

Even just in a separate tweet immediately after seems more appropriate.

This has an "anyways..." feel to it.

Comment

Nothing wrong with doing your job, some people are sensitive though. I understand people being pissed, just ignore them. Telling them they have sandy vages probably isn't the best way to ingratiate yourself.
                    pheltzbahr 2016 NFL Mock

Comment

Originally posted by pheltzbahr View Post
                      Nothing wrong with doing your job, some people are sensitive though. I understand people being pissed, just ignore them. Telling them they have sandy vages probably isn't the best way to ingratiate yourself.
                      lol perhaps not, but I'm not one to ingratiate myself
                      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Walt, part of your job is taking the backlash of the real life/fantasy football/sports betting divide. Seems like this is just another one of those things.

Tragic real life situations have fantasy implications. If LeSean McCoy got hit by a bus tomorrow and went comatose, it would be Walt's responsibility to say as quickly as possible that everyone should pick up Bryce Brown, and he would get ridiculous backlash for it. He still has to say it, though. It's his job.
                        Originally posted by GongKong
                        I wonder what Cory has cooked up. He is usually a leader of men. Cory the butcher of bakersfield. The one that does not eat the last piece of bread on the table. Truly a hero to the people, even if he spit in the butter bowl, cuz he is a wily little rebel.

Comment

Originally posted by AliceAttack View Post
                          Even just in a separate tweet immediately after seems more appropriate.

This has an "anyways..." feel to it.
                          Agreed, but I wasn't really thinking about it at the time
                          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Originally posted by corycurren View Post
                            Walt, part of your job is taking the backlash of the real life/fantasy football/sports betting divide. Seems like this is just another one of those things.

Tragic real life situations have fantasy implications. If LeSean McCoy got hit by a bus tomorrow and went comatose, it would be Walt's responsibility to say as quickly as possible that everyone should pick up Bryce Brown, and he would get ridiculous backlash for it. He still has to say it, though. It's his job.
                            Thanks, Cory. You're right. It'd sound callous on my part, but that's exactly what I'd do
                            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Just think about it a bit more next time. It's really not a big issue. People are going to focus more on the story as it develops, and your somewhat poorly timed tweet will be forgotten. It'll be back to business as usual.

Comment

Working...
                              X