• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 NFL Mock Draft Updated - 9/21

It's about time for an update:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

Let me know what you think!
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

IDK but for some reason I'm startin to really like Jake Long in a Bills uni.
    I also like DeSean Jackson.

But nice pick!

Comment

Thanks. I considered both of them, but figured Glenn Dorsey could help the Bills the most out of the three.
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I like it for the Lions, it addresses their top 3 needs right now at least.

And do i read that right , you have the Lions leaping over everyone to take the NFC North?

Kevin Jones is expected to return this week and if he manages to stay healthy for the remainder of the season Detroit porbably goes Vince Hall in round 2. But i like the thought of a 1-2 punch, Jones is the total package when healthy, speed/power/hands, but he isnt healthy.

Everyone knows the Lions need a good corner and Tribble really fits. Cason's speed may be more attractive to Marinelli or draft day but who knows, he's not that much faster.

I had high hopes for Teddy Lehman once he was healthy but he has been a major bust, so McKeon is nice pick.

ILB and CB are must address positions this offseason either through the draft or FA...

Comment

Glad you like the mock, Craig.

I'm basing this order on the current standings. Big game next week as the Bears battle the Lions. It's early, but that could decide the division. I'm thinking about taking Detroit.
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
            Glad you like the mock, Craig.

I'm basing this order on the current standings. Big game next week as the Bears battle the Lions. It's early, but that could decide the division. I'm thinking about taking Detroit.
            I like the Lions chances against Chicago. Not only is the Lions passing game been dominant, but Marinelli and Barry know the Tampa-2 inside and out. They will be able to show Martz the perfect ways to exploit it and they have an offense that can exploit it.

Same applies for Chicago, Lovie Smith knows the Tampa-2 as well, the difference is he doesn't have an offense that can attack it.

In week 4 as long as Detroit can keep Chicago's defense off the scoreboard, i think they win.

The Lions really have a chance in most of their games, their biggest weakness is their secondary and they really dont face a team that can expose that weakness until they hit the week 9-12 section of their schedule where they face Denver, Arizona and the Giants. After that they only got Dallas and San Diego that can really expose it and San Diego is kind of questionable on it.

I am trying not to get to excited about them because it is the Lions, but they were not that far off last season, i think it was somewhere along the lines of 7 of their losses where by a touchdown or less. Thats one slall step from being 3-13 to being 10-6. If they took that step it could be huge for them

Comment

If Rex Grossman keeps turning it over, anything's possible. If KC can come within 10 of the Bears in Chicago, the Lions can win.
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Walter, Steve Slaton is the most overrated RB in the country, you heard it here first.

He has great speed, but he lacks bulk and I don't think he can carry and offense/stay healthy in the NFL. More like a 3rd down back.

Holes he runs through are very big, Choice, Stewart, Patrick, etc. are much more impressive pro prospects right now.

Just my two cents...Brian Brohm is not a #1 overall talent.

I don't see how the Rams pass up on Justin King and Kenny Phillips there to draft a right tackle. Don't get me wrong I love Jake Long, but the Rams defensive backfield is awful.

Other than that I like the mock. A few picks I really like are quite creative thinking good job overall.
                2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Bucs pick is quite bad.

You don't take a backup RB when Matt Ryan, Adarius Bowman, and Malcom Kelly (my #1 overall WR right now) are on the board. It doesn't address a need...you can find a 3rd down runningback in the 4th round this year with so much RB depth in this class. Rafael Little, Justin Forsett say hello Walter.
                  2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Well, it's a bad pick if you assume Steve Slaton isn't going to pan out. I think he gives a spark your offense desperately needs.
                    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

The Rams' secondary sucks, but their pass protection is the reason they're 0-2. Orlando Pace's injury has totally destroyed this team's chances of making the playoffs. Jake Long is a better prospect than King or Phillips anyway.
                      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Working...
                      X