X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49ersfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    I think that is very sad. The Draft is such a huge part of the NFL in today's game. I know it is impossible but I think every football fan should be knowledgeable of the Draft.
    Exactly. The draft is major, but most of my friends will watch the top 10 (sometimes) and then tune out b/c they don't care. All the people their favorite teams draft they learn about later from newspapers, radios, or talking to me.

Leave a comment:

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied
    Some people just don't like college football which translates to not liking the draft.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Lofton by far looks like the most fluid ILB in this draft. His hips are so quick. When my top 50 prospects in this draft comes out (WITH PLAYER COMPARISONS!!!!) I have Lofton as a first round grade...not saying he will be a 1st round pick but I have him in my top 31.

Leave a comment:

• PuppyPuncher
    replied
    I think it's Ryan Clady. OT in the WAC conference. It's kinda hard to define a casual fan.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    Lofton was the most Athletic MLB at the Combine. I watched it, I did. Mayo was great in his own right but Lofton outperformed him. Not by a lot but outperformed him. I would take Lofton by a slim margin over Mayo.

Leave a comment:

• Blazedestin
    replied
    It's possible, but Mayo really lit it up during the Combine. It's close, though.

Leave a comment:

• starqb14
    replied
    cary williams or brandon carr.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    What about MLB Curtis Lofton. There is a chance he could go before Mayo.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
    My friends, I would consider casual fans and they dont follow the draft at all.
    I think that is very sad. The Draft is such a huge part of the NFL in today's game. I know it is impossible but I think every football fan should be knowledgeable of the Draft.

Leave a comment:

• regoob2
    replied
    My friends, I would consider casual fans and they dont follow the draft at all.

Leave a comment:

• Blazedestin
    replied
    That being said, I think the first player that won't be known to the average fan is going to be Leodis McKelvin. He'll be the first small school prospect off the board. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie has the last name to keep him off this list (I'm guessing that most people who have watched a Chargers game have heard of Antonio Cromartie.)

Leave a comment:

• Blazedestin
    replied
    I'd also throw Darren McFadden to the list of players most have heard of.

Mostly because anyone who's watched ANY draft analysis on NFLN has heard of him.

Leave a comment:

• Bluto
    replied
    Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
    lol and "I though Mike Hart would have been picked at least by the end of the 1st round maybe early 2nd at most"
    Forget Mike Hart, when is Mario Manningham coming off the board???

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    replied
    Originally posted by yem123 View Post
    I'm gonna say that the "casual fan" knows only 8 players:

McFadden
    Gholston
    Chris Long
    Jake Long
    Chad Henne
    John David Booty
    Glenn Dorsey
    Mike Hart

+ any players from his own favorite team.

The casual fan will wonder why nobody takes Henne and Booty in the top 15. He will also say something like, "Well, I guess Tebow decided to go back for his senior year."
    lol and "I though Mike Hart would have been picked at least by the end of the 1st round maybe early 2nd at most"

Leave a comment:

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied
    He'll also be baffled when Colt Brennen isn't selected top 10

Leave a comment:

Working...
X