• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt McGuire's Blog - Updated 3/22

http://walterfootball.com/mattblog.php

Growing trend in the draft that will affect the 2009 NFL Draft
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

That may be true, but I don't think it is completely true (yet). Matt Ryan could go #1 or #3 overall. Darren McFadden will go from picks 4-6. Sure guys like Jake Long and Chris Long are at the top of draft boards, but that doesn't mean that skill positions have been completely taken out of the top 5 and top 10.

Comment

Great read.

There will always be a need for young running backs though. Especially now with many teams going 2 back rotation. Not always #1 or even #10 overall but at least mid-first.
      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
      Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
        Great read.

There will always be a need for young running backs though. Especially now with many teams going 2 back rotation. Not always #1 or even #10 overall but at least mid-first.
        Amen to the RB thing. That said, some teams may shy away b/c there seem to be many good backs draft after draft.

Comment

One of the more enjoyable blogs I have read so far. Kudos and keep up the great work.
          WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
          Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Site is SLOW..........

Comment

Yeah.

Comment

I agree with Matt on the Quarterback situation though. The best quarterbacks other than Manning, usually sit a while and learn behind a veteran or have an offense that fits their skills perfectly. I think that trend of only one or two quarterbacks going in Round 1 will continue.

The Quality of first Round Caliber quarterbacks has dropped too. That concerns me. As long as guys with the abilities of Woodson, and Flacco who go in the middle rounds are around to clean up the situation and make teams that passed on them look bad more GM's will look at secontere quarterbacks that cost less to lead their teams.

Example: Matt Ryan is the #1 rated quarterback this year. He threw 19 INTERCEPTIONS last season. Shows poor decision making in collage why would he be better in the Pros? His senior year he had stats of 31 touchdowns, 19 interceptions, 59% passing, 4,507 passing yards. He had a great year, Just don't like the interceptions. Concerns me about a #1 Quarterback.

Example: Tom Brady was a 6th Round Pick. He was a decent decision maker, above average arm, not flashy, nothing special. However he was poised, always calm, accurate, rarely made bad throws, and didn't have monster numbers (touchdown (15) or interception (12), 2636 yards passing and 61% completion precentage) in his senior year.

Ryan in collage against Brady in collage. I say Brady because I saw him a lot and saw his intangibles, leadership, and poise. He was also a better decision maker.

Secontere quarterbacks will be what scouts SHOULD look at.

I got on a role and forgot why I started this. heh.
                If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                  I agree with Matt on the Quarterback situation though. The best quarterbacks other than Manning, usually sit a while and learn behind a veteran or have an offense that fits their skills perfectly. I think that trend of only one or two quarterbacks going in Round 1 will continue.

The Quality of first Round Caliber quarterbacks has dropped too. That concerns me. As long as guys with the abilities of Woodson, and Flacco who go in the middle rounds are around to clean up the situation and make teams that passed on them look bad more GM's will look at secontere quarterbacks that cost less to lead their teams.

Example: Matt Ryan is the #1 rated quarterback this year. He threw 19 INTERCEPTIONS last season. Shows poor decision making in collage why would he be better in the Pros? His senior year he had stats of 31 touchdowns, 19 interceptions, 59% passing, 4,507 passing yards. He had a great year, Just don't like the interceptions. Concerns me about a #1 Quarterback.

Example: Tom Brady was a 6th Round Pick. He was a decent decision maker, above average arm, not flashy, nothing special. However he was poised, always calm, accurate, rarely made bad throws, and didn't have monster numbers (touchdown (15) or interception (12), 2636 yards passing and 61% completion precentage) in his senior year.

Ryan in collage against Brady in collage. I say Brady because I saw him a lot and saw his intangibles, leadership, and poise. He was also a better decision maker.

Secontere quarterbacks will be what scouts SHOULD look at.

I got on a role and forgot why I started this. heh.

I remember a QB by the name of Dan Marino who threw 22 interceptions in his senior year, turned out preeettyy good. I don't think Matt Ryan will be bad. I don't think he will be great either.

Comment

I agree Ryan wont be bad. He is just being built up to be more than he will be. You would think he is the second coming of Elway or something. My point was that his decision making is sketchy.

Marino was physically unable to scramble much because one leg was slightly shorter than the other. He had to throw or hand off. He got good to the point they made him throw damn near every down. Dad talked about it all the time before he died.

I was just pointing out that a secontere QB who has half the stats are just as much or even more capable most of the time to do the job. Just dont make me go into Alex Smith.

Comment

Working...
                    X