• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ted Ginn Hates Me

http://walterfootball.com/nflnotes2013.php

Wow.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

I'm disappointed with this thread. I legitimately thought Ted Ginn made a comment about the site. Then I was going to talk about how much of a pussy Ted Ginn is and make fun of him for being from Ohio State.

Comment

Originally posted by Clovdyx View Post
      I'm disappointed with this thread. I legitimately thought Ted Ginn made a comment about the site. Then I was going to talk about how much of a pussy Ted Ginn is and make fun of him for being from Ohio State.
      I'd love a comment if I could get my $5,000 back!
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

He doesn't hate you, he just sucks at football.
        2014 Champion of the Walter Football PPR League

CMD VI Runner Up

Comment

Originally posted by Monk3P0 View Post
          He doesn't hate you, he just sucks at football.
          He turns into Football God when I bet against him
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Wow, you have your toxic teams, is it time for toxic players? Is Seneca Wallace in the league still?
            sigpic

Comment

lol

OH ?
              sigpic
              Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
              I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

Originally posted by GongKong View Post
                lol

OH ?
                "IO.....you like 5K." :Ted Ginn Jr to Walt.
                sigpic

Comment

You missed the worst one Walt...(A game I really would care not to relive...):

Week 7, 2009. Walter takes the Dolphins as 6.5 point underdogs against the Saints in Miami for 5 units. For those of you counting at home Walter will lose $1100 because of Ginn in the span of 8 days.

Originally posted by Walter
                  Saints 46, Dolphins 34

This is the worst beat I've had. And it's not even close. I'm going to rant here.

Taking 6.5 points with the Dolphins, they looked like the right side when Drew Brees was sacked five times and intercepted three times. Miami held a 24-3 lead and was dominating the game. My dad even called me at that point to ask me how I knew Brees would struggle like this (he doesn't use a computer). I proudly explained my reasons.

The Saints scored at the end of the half to make it 24-10. The stupid thing about this touchdown was that the Saints were at the 1-yard line, but had only five seconds on a ticking clock to make a decision whether to go for it or kick a field goal. Sean Payton sent John Carney on the field, but Tony Sparano foolishly called a timeout. Sure enough, Brees convinced Payton to go for it during the stoppage, and Brees managed to sneak it in to make the game 24-10.

A dumb mistake, but not a big deal with getting 6.5 points. At least that's what I thought at the time.

On the opening drive of the third quarter, Chad Henne threw an ugly interception to Darren Sharper. Sharper returned it 42 yards and was signaled in for a touchdown by official John Parry. However, Sharper CLEARLY fumbled before he reached the end zone. It wasn't even close. It should have been overturned into a touchback. Instead, Parry, who obviously had money on the Saints, called it a touchdown.

A Dolphins field goal (off a Brees fumble) and a Saints touchdown later, the score was 27-24. However, I was relieved to see Henne complete a 67-yard strike to Brian Hartline, setting up Ricky Williams for a 4-yard touchdown. With Miami up 34-24 and taking 6.5, I thought my bet was safe.

Nope. In a span of five minutes, Brees led the Saints on two touchdown drives. Fortunately, John Carney missed an extra point, so a later field goal made it a 6-point game. With 3:23 remaining, my +6.5 5-unit play was still safe.

Down six, Henne drove the Dolphins to their 41. After a penalty and two incomplete passes (one via a Ricky Williams drop), Henne tossed a desperation heave, allowing Tracy Porter to intercept it and returned the ball 54 yards for a pick-six.

You've gotta be kidding me.

Not only did the Dolphins blow a 24-3 lead, they also allowed a pick-six to lose the cover. But it gets worse...

Miami somehow put together a drive to get down to the Saints 26. Henne lofted a beautiful pass to Ted Ginn Jr. in the end zone, but Ginn dropped it (more on this later).

On the next play, Henne connected with Hartline for an 18-yard pass down to the Saints 8-yard line. With time ticking down, Henne spiked the ball with one second on the clock. The Dolphins seemed to have one more play, but Parry, who wanted to ensure that New Orleans would cover, suddenly stopped Miami when the team walked up to the line of scrimmage and announced that one of the Dolphins wideouts was not lined up properly on the previous spike, meaning the game was over.

Congrats, Parry, you crook. I hope you won a ton of money.

With a game like this, a lot of people deserve a ton of blame. Here's my top five:

5. Chad Henne - Thanks for the two pick-sixes. Henne is low on this list because he played well early, but he sure took his jolly good time in the final few minutes when Miami was trying to get a backdoor score.

4. Tony Sparano - If you're a coach on any level reading this, take note: DO NOT CALL A TIMEOUT WHEN THE CLOCK IS TICKING AT THE END OF A HALF ON THE 1-YARD LINE WHEN THE OTHER TEAM HAS ITS FIELD GOAL TEAM OUT THERE. As soon as Sparano called his timeout, I yelled, "F*** you" at the TV because I knew what was coming.

3. God - Players thank God for a win. I'm blaming God for this loss and blown cover. It was that bad.

Actually, now that I think about it, I probably shouldn't blame God. So...

3. Gibril Wilson - This guy needs to attend a Pee Wee Football practice so he can learn how to tackle. Seriously, Wilson tackles like a little girl.

2. John Parry - Over-Under on how much Parry "won" with the Saints covering: $100,000. I got the Over.

1. Ted Ginn Jr. - If I were Bill Parcells, I'd cut Ted Ginn Jr. immediately. Ginn had three crucial drops in the fourth quarter: one when the Dolphins were up; one when they were down six; and one in the end zone when Miami was down 12.

Ginn, who finished with two receptions for 16 yards, has now cost the Dolphins two big upsets with his hands of fail. He's hurting the team more than he is helping it. He needs to be cut. Now.

Rounding things up, Henne was 18-of-36 for 211 yards and the two pick-sixes.

Ricky Williams rushed for 80 yards and three touchdowns on nine carries, thanks to a 68-yard gain. Ronnie Brown mustered 48 yards and a score on 16 attempts.

Greg Camarillo led the Dolphins with six grabs for 73 yards.

Brees finished with three picks and two fumbles, but he was really sharp in the fourth quarter, finishing the game 22-of-38, 298 yards and a touchdown.

Brees' score went to Marques Colston (5 catches, 72 yards, TD). Jeremy Shockey compiled four receptions for 105 yards. Lance Moore, meanwhile, disappointed with two catches for 18 yards.

A major concern for all Pierre Thomas owners: Mike Bell had more carries (12) than Thomas (8). Bell also out-gained Thomas, 80-30. Most importantly, Bell was in the backfield late in the game when the Saints were making their cover-crushing comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by wraith36444 View Post
                    You missed the worst one Walt...(A game I really would care not to relive...):

Week 7, 2009. Walter takes the Dolphins as 6.5 point underdogs against the Saints in Miami for 5 units. For those of you counting at home Walter will lose $1100 because of Ginn in the span of 8 days.
                    Wow thanks, you know I read that, and I was so sure that he would've included it that I just assumed it would be there. Whoops
                    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

My friend's parents met him in Hawaii during a Niners bye week a couple seasons ago. They said he was a cool dude.

Comment

Ted Ginn should have been Brady Quinn. Not sure if it would have mattered for Dolphins fans.
                        WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                        Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

2014 NFL Picks: Week 1

Poisonous Teams:

Carolina Panthers (Reason: Ted Ginn)

^Just use this next year and he won't cost you any more money.
                          sigpic

Comment

The title alone was worth this thread being made. That money amount is freaking nuts though. Damn Buckeyes.
                            http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

Don't worry Walt, TGJR hates the Dolphins, too!

Comment

Working...
                              X