Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49ersfan
    replied
    I think it saw it when it was that old once or twice. I rediscovered it about a year ago.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    I didn't take this site seriously back then - it was just a for-fun hobby, and I didn't know anything about Web design/marketing. I used to get like 50 hits a week

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    LOL yeah that was so long ago

Leave a comment:

• bills_red
    replied
    I remeber the old site look................

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    replied
    Oooh Embarrassing, lol.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://.../football.html

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Walter View Post
    What I pay in hosting right now costs me $180 a month, but that's for 3 other sites. If it was just this, it would be $160 a month (the other three sites are small).

GoDaddy would charge me $300ish for what I need. My host is my friend Kenny, whom I actually sat next to in the class 9 years ago when I first made this site.
    What are the other sites?

Leave a comment:

• giantsfanmike
    replied
    The cost of servers can vary. More important than any cost normally is getting signed up with someone reliable. I know a guy who runs a very high traffic site, that hes been running for 5 years, and he has had to upgrade his server 4 or 5 times and it has cost him a crapload, which means if you are going to spend cheaply theres a good chance it hurts you long term as the maintenance costs for example are a lot higher.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Yeah I was like 60 percent in the NFL until a really bad 2-week stretch

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Yeah but hey paranoia is everywhere.

I love talking about spreads...anyone can pick winners. **** if you are less than 60% SU then you suck as a football person...all you have to do is pick faves. Anyone can do what they do on ESPN in terms of picking games. What seperates people are who can pick ATS....and I have given up on picking NFL games. I was 46% last season in NFL, but 63% in NCAAF. So yeah from now on you will see my CFB on WalterFootball.com. Let's make some monies!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    I love it. You can't gamble but you can give out stock picks. There is no difference in my eyes...but the govt makes money off of the NYSE.
    Yeah our gov't is a hypocrisy but what are you gonna do?

Leave a comment:

• Blazedestin
    replied
    Quite honestly, with all the paranoia and how people would sue schools for just about anything, I really can't blame them.

And I hate Matt a little bit more. Just a little bit. =P

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    I love it. You can't gamble but you can give out stock picks. There is no difference in my eyes...but the govt makes money off of the NYSE.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    The old URL of this site used to be:

http://centralhigh.net/~wcherep/football.html

That doesn't work now. They kicked me off the server in 2004 because I gave out NFL picks and the school board didn't want anything to do with "gambling."

So, I bought WalterFootball.com in Aug 2004

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
    Wow.

I am so happy I didn't take a money bet on that one. I'd have been completely embarassed.
    Nah Matt was joking about the 77

We get an average of 12,000 page views a day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X