49ers might lose mid-round pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49ers might lose mid-round pick

The NFL is expected to announce its ruling on the Lance Briggs tampering allegations against the 49ers shortly.

San Francisco reportedly fears that it'll lose a mid-round draft pick. Niners GM Scot McCloughan was in New York last week to defend the organization.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=2176209

This is juicy!
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

I still do not understand what they supposedly did wrong?

Comment

I think based on what I'm reading is the 49ers tried to negogiate a contract with Briggs so they could sign him right away when he would become a free agent. This negogiation happened prior to free agency opening so it was illegal to do so because they are getting a leg up over other teams who might want to negogiate with Briggs.

I believe that it was the same case with the Jets and Deion Branch a few years back, but nothing ever amounted from it.

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
        I think based on what I'm reading is the 49ers tried to negogiate a contract with Briggs so they could sign him right away when he would become a free agent. This negogiation happened prior to free agency opening so it was illegal to do so because they are getting a leg up over other teams who might want to negogiate with Briggs.

I believe that it was the same case with the Jets and Deion Branch a few years back, but nothing ever amounted from it.
        Thanks. I wonder why bother since Briggs signed with the Bears anyways?

Comment

So all those deals signed on the first day of free agency weren’t negotiated before that day? It must suck to be the one that caught.

Comment

Originally posted by animal52 View Post
            Thanks. I wonder why bother since Briggs signed with the Bears anyways?
            Well this happened before the Bears francised and resigned him.

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post

That is illegal. I read about this, and I have to say, the niners front office is f***ing stupid (not like we didn't already know that).

Comment

I heard they will lose a 5th and swap 3rds with CHI

Comment

Yes...

49ers lose 5th-round pick

Swap 3rd-rounders with CHI

Wow...
                  2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

LOL sucks big time for the 49ers!

Comment

I hate the world. At least I get to mock raiders fans for having Al Davis as their owner.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                        I hate the world. At least I get to mock raiders fans for having Al Davis as their owner.
                        It's a fifth round pick. I don't think their draft will be impacted that much.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                          It's a fifth round pick. I don't think their draft will be impacted that much.
                          When you have as many needs as us, it does hurt.

Comment

the 49ers lost approximately 70 TVC points or a mid 4th rounder if you want to look at it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by EL Guapo View Post
                              So all those deals signed on the first day of free agency weren’t negotiated before that day? It must suck to be the one that caught.
                              Like how the Pats got caught last year.....

Comment

Working...
                              X