Giants Really Want Shockey That Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants Really Want Shockey That Bad?

The Saints reportedly offered the Giants their second-round pick (No. 40) and S Roman Harper in exchange for Jeremy Shockey

"The Giants said no and talks have since died down. Harper has potential, but struggled in 2007 coming off a torn ACL. SI.com's Peter King noted in his MMQB article that the Saints might up their offer. However, the Jints may continue to hold out for a late first-rounder or a pick and a player they think could replace Shockey's blocking. Kevin Boss just isn't ready to play full time."

http://blog.nj.com/ledgergiants/2008...rumblings.html

I would have taken that as the Giants then again I don't like Shockey.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Kevin Boss can’t block or it didn’t look very promising. The Giants have a big blocking tight end in Mathews but that gives the play away. Mathews can’t catch at all. Shockey can do both and that’s the problem with trading him. I would not trade him for a second round pick but I understand if it happens. Maybe if Dorsey falls to New Orleans at 10, I would put him in a package but that’s just dreaming.

Comment

I really see no point in giving up an all-star player for less than we got him for.

Comment

roman harper is very impressive to me

Comment

Shockey is a malcontent and they won a superbowl without his antics. Common sense says they are better off without a guy who constantly throws his helmet at everything that gets in his way.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
            Shockey is a malcontent and they won a superbowl without his antics. Common sense says they are better off without a guy who constantly throws his helmet at everything that gets in his way.
            Shockey is not a problem. Toomer, Plaxico and Pierce to name a few have described him as an emotional leader in the locker room.

The difference was the return of Steve Smith. Sinorice Moss was a garbage slot receiver who couldn't take a hit over the middle and had a problem with drops as well, funnily enough the majority of Eli's ints came in the middle of the field/in between the numbers.

Comment

Another thing to remember is that Shockey was a favorite of Wellington Mara. He was one of only about 5 current players summoned to see Mr. Mara shortly before he died. John Mara knows this, so there is a very good chance Shockey will be a Giant for life.

Comment

A potential pro-bowl TE who can block and catch and has a tenacious attitude in exchange for a mid 2nd rounder and a safety who just came off an ACL tear? No way. I'd never do it. Good decision, Reese.
                NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

PFT's source says the Giants asked for the second-rounder and Harper, but the Saints wouldn't go that high.

Comment

New development to this story:

Profootballtalk.com disputes a Newark Star-Ledger report that the Giants turned down an offer of the Saints' second-round pick and SS Roman Harper in exchange for Jeremy Shockey earlier this offseason.

"PFT's source says the Giants asked for the second-rounder and Harper, but the Saints wouldn't go that high. This was probably before the Jints signed Sammy Knight, so Harper may not be as desirable to them any longer"

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...-move-shockey/

Comment

I think Shockey would be a better TE than the one if they picked one at No. 40.

I'd keep Shockey....I think his talent far exceed's Boss's.
                      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

lol Bills beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
                          lol Bills beat me to it.
                          haha yep

Comment

I think they need to get rid of him for the sake of team chemistry.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                              I think they need to get rid of him for the sake of team chemistry.
                              team chemistry is fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X