What's going on with Ryan Grant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on with Ryan Grant?

I noticed he hasn't been resigned. I am not sure what ERFA means either...

He was arguably the best RB in the league for the last half of the season, I would have thought he'd be among GBs first signings this offseason. Any news?
    NY Giants fan since birth.

ERFA=Exclusive Rights Free Agent

Translation: He ain't going anywhere, so they're probably gonna take thier time with it.

Comment

From Fanball:

Packers: Grant won't sign minimum tender

Thursday 3/20, 8:01 AM CT
      Ryan Grant will work with the Green Bay Packers in the off season without a contract, but to get him to training camp the organization will have to sign him to a contract well above the NFL minimum for a second-year pro, according to the Green Bay Press-Gazette.

Our View: His agent, Alan Herman, said Grant will take part in all the team's mini camps and workouts this spring, but that he will not sign the $370,000 minimum tender for an exclusive-rights player who has only one accrued season in the NFL. Grant is looking for a longer, far more lucrative deal after he rushed for 956 yards and averaged 5.1 yards a carry despite being the team's primary halfback for only the final nine games of the season.

Comment

And he should. On the open market he would get a sh******* of money.

Comment

his agent said he knows that the packers are looking to take care of their own, so they are expecting to get a good deal done this offseason, and that's why he's participating.

new on atari bigby. bigby signed his ERFA tender, but is also hopeful to get a new deal. his agent made a remark expecting a deal to get done when the season starts, but the team would like to see bigby make it through camp first, since he's so young.
          the packers have several young prospects they will probably be looking to lock up long-term, and lord knows they've got the cash to do it. it won't be wasted. they also have several veterans with one or two years left to extend. like their ex-negotiator andrew brandt said, none of it gets wasted. we're not stupid.

Comment

Grant should get 3-4 mil for this contract. If he keeps getting better his next contract should be more. That is just my opinion.
            If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
            Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
              Grant should get 3-4 mil for this contract. If he keeps getting better his next contract should be more. That is just my opinion.
              2-3 mil with incentives. If he is a flash in the pan, it doesn't hurt them that much, and if he really is good, he gets paid what he is worth.

Comment

He was Pro Bowl calibur, how do you stick him with 2-3 mil? Sloppy Mike Anderson makes 2 mil. Julius Jones rushed the ball only a little over 150 times and he just signed a 3 million dollar a year contract to split carries.

Ryan Grant is going to carry the load and played at a high level. He's a 5 million dollar man.

Comment

Ryan Grant did it for 1 year, a 2-3 million with escalators sounds good to me.

Comment

Players want their money. Depends on his character, but if he isn't paid more than that I could see him sitting out of camp.

Comment

Also just have it be a like a 3 year deal then you can get HUGE bucks if you keep it up or just re-work the deal later on

Comment

Our View: His agent, Alan Herman, said Grant will take part in all the team's mini camps and workouts this spring, but that he will not sign the $370,000 minimum tender for an exclusive-rights player who has only one accrued season in the NFL. Grant is looking for a longer, far more lucrative deal after he rushed for 956 yards and averaged 5.1 yards a carry despite being the team's primary halfback for only the final nine games of the season.
                        How does he expect to get a longterm lucrative contract already?? You have to prove yourself for more than half a season to get that. With that said 370,000 is too cheap for him he should get a 1 year deal for about 1.5 mil with incentives that can bring it up to 3 mil. Then if he plays at a pro-bowl level through out an entire season he can get the longterm contract.

Comment

He should get a heavy incentive contract ... then again they can have him cheap and maybe brandon jackson becomes a baller.
                          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

3 Mil with incentives that could give him 4-4.5 Mil.
                            If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                            Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                              He should get a heavy incentive contract ... then again they can have him cheap and maybe brandon jackson becomes a baller.
                              I hate Brandon Jackson. I thought he would be a fantasy sleeper since he'd be getting the carries and he blew and lost the starting job. That's not a good reason or anything but it is what it is. [/off topic rant]

Comment

Working...
                              X