Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starqb14
    replied
    naw, he had to learn the offense. that was the real holdup. he played that next week against the giants and that's pretty much when they knew he was going to be the guy, they just had to get him to learn the offense and to not fumble handoffs when trying to run out the clock against minnesota.

ps i'll never get sick of talking about how great a pickup the ryan grant trade was!

Leave a comment:

• PuppyPuncher
    replied
    I'm sick of hearing about what a genius move the Ryan Grant trade was. If the Packers hadn't run out of running backs, he probably wouldn't still be on the team.

It would have been a genius move if he picked him up and named him the starter. 4th string running back? Not so much.

Leave a comment:

• starqb14
    replied
    Originally posted by Vikings_All_Day28 View Post
    Lol just had to correct the Koren Robisnson thing.
    LOL. yeah. that's funny.

he sure is a nice guy, though. a VERY likeable character. i bet he's a super-fun drunk, too. er, WAS a super-fun drunk. i hope he can get that pop back into his route-running. he says from being out of football for so long and then with the knee issues his snap and burst has been a bit slow to come back, though it is coming. you could see it in his play too. we will find out won't we.

Leave a comment:

• Vikings_All_Day28
    replied
    Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
    touche. i guess the fact that he built them.
    still, james jones, mason crosby, ryan grant, aaron rouse, brandon jackson, all contributed (jackson at the end of the year),
    plus he looked smart for keep 11 DL by the end of the year with three on IR, and giving koren robinson a third chance and he contributed too.

i get your point though that maybe it was more of a three-year thing than exec of year. but maybe just the ryan grant trade got him the award.
    Lol just had to correct the Koren Robisnson thing.

Leave a comment:

• starqb14
    replied
    yeah. it's a motivational thing, get it? the key to success is to stay focused and determined and focused.

Leave a comment:

• RoxOnlyFan
    replied
    still, james jones, mason crosby, ryan grant, aaron rouse, brandon jackson, all contributed (jackson at the end of the year),
    plus he looked smart for keep 11 DL by the end of the year with three on IR, and giving koren robinson a second chance and he contributed too.

i get your point though that maybe it was more of a three-year thing than exec of year. but maybe just the ryan grant trade got him the award.

wow, is the pat riley quote in your sig real? thats mildly hilarious lol

Leave a comment:

• starqb14
    replied
    Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
    That's "Coach of the Year".
    plus he looked smart for keep 11 DL by the end of the year with three on IR, and giving koren robinson a second chance and he contributed too.

Leave a comment:

• PuppyPuncher
    replied
    take a team that wasn't in the playoffs the last two years and go 14-4.
    That's "Coach of the Year".

Leave a comment:

• starqb14
    replied
    Originally posted by giantsfanmike View Post
    Wow that is ridiculous. Jerry Reese in his first year drafts 6 guys who start on the team at one point or another in the season, and wins a SB. What exactly do you need to do to win that award then? Suck some **** by the looks of it.
    take a team that wasn't in the playoffs the last two years and go 14-4.

Leave a comment:

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied
    Hahahahaha

Leave a comment:

• giantsfanmike
    replied
    Wow that is ridiculous. Jerry Reese in his first year drafts 6 guys who start on the team at one point or another in the season, and wins a SB. What exactly do you need to do to win that award then? Suck some **** by the looks of it.

Leave a comment:

• RoxOnlyFan
    replied
    Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
    He came in 2nd.
    still, second isn't first.

Can't argue with the job Thompson has done though either.

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    replied
    Originally posted by RoxOnlyFan View Post
    I personally would of had Jerry Reese of New York, as would several others (i would think)
    He came in 2nd.

Leave a comment:

• RoxOnlyFan
    replied
    I personally would of had Jerry Reese of New York, as would several others (i would think)

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    started a topic Packers GM Ted Thompson Executive of the Year

Packers GM Ted Thompson Executive of the Year

Well just like Starqb has been saying the entire time about his GM. It just culminates in this article more or less.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=732094
Working...
X