LOL, the Combine Officials are so stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL, the Combine Officials are so stupid

"The Combine people are trying to figure out why the Pro Day verticals are so much better than those done at the RCA Dome, but it's been the case across the board." - Newark Star-Ledger

It can't be because pro days are fake as sh**, can it?

Man, I just dunno. Maybe the pro day officials aren't as prissy about determining the athletes maximum standing reach (could alone add an inch or so). I'd have to think that at least one of the scouts checks it to make sure its accurate. But lastly, it's not as if everyone's vert is better at their pro day, e.g. DRC, who jumped 38.5 and then 37.5 at the pro day (or maybe Ten State didn't have enough money to have springs installed where the athletes jump?)

Comment

I heard they measured peoples arms wrong

Comment

It would be way more accurate if they did it with lasers. LOL.

Comment

When they measure height they should do 2 heights. One just to the top of the head, then the arms extended on tippy toes...that way you can get a true vertical and length for players.
          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

The arms at max reach is so questionable. I know I personally always cheat that because it adds so much to your verticle.

They should just throw out all body measurements and see how high you can get in the air. That's what it's all about anyways isn't it? Who cares if someone whose 5'8" can jump higher than a 6'6" guy if the latter can get higher in the air and catch that jump ball.

Comment

It measures athletic ability...explosiveness.
              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

http://www.mysportspage.com/news/ind...tegory_id=2728

Interesting article. Basically the vert results at this years combine were significantly different from previous years.

Comment

I think the broad jump better measures explosiveness, but it doesn't really matter.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                    The arms at max reach is so questionable. I know I personally always cheat that because it adds so much to your verticle.

They should just throw out all body measurements and see how high you can get in the air. That's what it's all about anyways isn't it? Who cares if someone whose 5'8" can jump higher than a 6'6" guy if the latter can get higher in the air and catch that jump ball.
                    that's part of it, but the explosiveness of how much air you get underneath you is part of it too.

Comment

haha i just said exactly what matt said. that's funny. maybe i should've read ahead.

Comment

Working...
                      X