Question for Walter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Walter

How can you call a player "brittle" when he didn't miss a game in his last three years in college? Just curious.

Also, inconisstent logic with that stupid KC stat of no players being on the team from 2000-2005 or whatever since scouting really sucked for everyone back then. Go and look on any team and that logic is in the trash.

Knee jerk knee jerk so typical. Question for you and Mike Mayock: why the Sudden change to Dorsey as your #1 DT? Oh that's right I have had him #1 overall. I hate being right.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

matt i had a post about this in the draft update thread. the brittle part. the rest you're just wrong about.

Comment

Dorsey played with significant pain for those last years. Who says his knees couldn't get worse, to the point where he can't play through it? No doubt he's tough, but everyone's got their limits.
      - Also known as Dan.
      - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

What's wrong with bumping Doresy down? Walter updates his mocks often for a reason. Doresy had injury rumors so he got bumped down. Now he had a good pro day and he seems fine so he's back to one. Just because you kept him in the same spot doesn't make you anymore right.

Comment

Yeah well I didn't bump him down because;

1. I didn't totally buy into it
          2. Didnt think it would matter

We were 2 months away from the draft. You gotta think 2 months down the road not tomorrow.

Comment

If you update your mock on a regular basis I don't see a problem with a knee jerk reaction. In fact I think it's a good thing because you get to see a whole new mock pretty much and the influence of the potential severity of an injury. Turned out not to be true so you can just change it back. What's the big deal?

Comment

I still wouldn't touch Dorsey with a top-five pick. Courtney Brown didn't miss action at PSU and look at him. If Dorsey hadn't worked out, I still would have him at No. 9. I just think some people feel a bit safer about him right now. Still though, he is a close synonym (thanks StarQB14) of brittle.

As for the Chiefs, they've had crappy drafts year after year. It's not like every team has had terrible drafts... Just look at teams like the Colts. Something tells me they didn't have any scouting problems.

Six players... That's ONE PER YEAR. Under Carl Peterson, the Chiefs have no playoff victories. I have no idea why you're defending this clown, Matt.
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                Yeah well I didn't bump him down because;

1. I didn't totally buy into it
                2. Didnt think it would matter

We were 2 months away from the draft. You gotta think 2 months down the road not tomorrow.
                2 months down the road doesn't matter. He has more than 2 months between seasons at LSU and still admitted the pain carried on through his last 2 seasons.

Now he is going to up the competition, go up against, bigger, stronger, faster, smarter Offensive linemen who will put more pressure on his knees than his college level comeptition did.

I would be willing to bet that withing his first 5 years, barring any other serious knee injury occuring, Dorsey will be placed on IR to have surgery to repair whatever is causing the pain in his knees.

Similar to Vilma, New York knew he had the knee problem when they drafted him, so they say, and eventually it got to be too much.

Now don't get me wrong, i still think Dorsey is a top 10 talent. But you still have to consider the injury and the fact that when you perform knee surgery on a man that size, there is a 50/50 shot that he will never make a 100% recovery because of the extra weight he carries.

Comment

Maybe you are right Craig (and point taken) but you aren't a medical expert (neither am I) that evaluated Dorsey. Those guys know everything and they get paid tons of money to diagnose the situation. If Dorsey goes 2 overall to the Rams then that means the Rams doctor doesn't see a problem (and that has been the rumor lately that team doctors don't think it is a big deal).

Comment

Matt he's not going second.
                    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Is Dorsey really THAT much better than Ellis that he goes before him now because his legs seem like they may hold up?! I think as long as the scare is out there, Ellis still has to be considered before Dorsey, unless of course I'm totally oblivious that Dorsey is a far superior talent to Ellis?

Ellis coming to Cinci would be heaven-sent! I really hope Dorsey doesn't fall to the Bengals!- I'm thinking the Saints or Broncos will trade up and Dorsey and Ellis will be gone by #9 anyways, but a combination of the Bengals' injury history coupled with that of Dorsey's injury history (whether really bad or not) just doesn't sound like a great mix.

Comment

Yo walter someone will eat some serious crow on draft day...you or me but it WILL be someone.

Comment

[QUOTE=Matt McGuire;40510]Also, inconisstent logic with that stupid KC stat of no players being on the team from 2000-2005 or whatever since scouting really sucked for everyone back then. Go and look on any team and that logic is in the trash.QUOTE]

This stat is interesting but is only relevant if you have similar numbers for other teams. 6 might actually be the NFL average, without the numbers there isn't any context to this.

Comment

hmm... good point jimmyp, I'm curious what the "average" really is. I know most of the Bengals recent draft picks are suspended/jailed or injured, either currently or often.

Comment

I know Ozzie Newsome is great at drafting but I think we only have our 1st round picks from 2000-2005 drafts. Everybody else hit free agency.

Comment

Working...
                              X