New Draft Format for 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Draft Format for 2008

I don't know if this subject has been brought up already because I am new to the Forum, but...

What does everyone think about the new format with the 10 minute time limit for 1st round picks? How do you think that will affect team picks and trades?

I think team for the most part already know you they're taking in the draft or they have 2-3 targets to chose from when it's their pick. The time might affect trading a little bit, but I honestly think if a trade is going to get done then it will get done.

Besides the first pick teams will have more than 10 min to discuss a deal (when the other teams are picking) and then if the player they want is still available the trade will go through, otherwise, not.

All the 10 min does for me is make the draft more watchable.

Comment

I really like the 10-minute per pick change. I don't like that the draft is now starting at 3 p.m. instead of 12 p.m. I thought noon was the perfect time for a Saturday. Wake up a little late, start watching draft previews right away, make some lunch and snacks and watch the draft all afternoon.

Comment

I do like it, since I always get up early, which allows me to have more time for previews.

Comment

A ten minute time limit means I dont have 10 minutes to take a crap between picks. Now I only have five minutes to crap and get a beer. That really sucks.

Seriously though I like the ten minute time limit. That will cut Round 1 from 8 hours to five and one half hours. I love that, even though I hated doing the math to get those numbers.
          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
          Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

the Vikings might have some trouble with the 10 minutes.

Comment

LOL, yeah. The Bills would have, since Merv would have been taking his nap.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                A ten minute time limit means I dont have 10 minutes to take a crap between picks. Now I only have five minutes to crap and get a beer. That really sucks.

Seriously though I like the ten minute time limit. That will cut Round 1 from 8 hours to five and one half hours. I love that, even though I hated doing the math to get those numbers.
                lol

Comment

Joey:

32 picks x 15 mins = 480 mins

480 mins/60 mins(1 hr) = 8 hrs

32 picks x 10 mins = 320 mins

320 mins/60 mins(1 hr) = 5.3333 or 5 hrs 20 mins

Wasn't that hard, lol.
                  WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                  Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

I like it 15 min cuz for that time Mel could talk/show tape about the pick

Comment

15 min is excessive for watching the same highlight tapes that we've watch all the way up to the draft.

Comment

Yea. Plus they show the same plays 3 times form different angles sometimes. That gets boring when you aren't getting paid to do it.
                        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I love it IDC if they show it 20 times. If I could I'd keep it 15.

Comment

10 is better then 15 or 20.

Comment

I like 10 minutes. It goes faster and is more entertaining. Besides, the Lions don't need any more time than that to draft another bust.

Comment

Working...
                              X