Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd McShay stole my word

Just watched it on NFL Live:

"Don't be surprised, it's not going to be early on but maybe 3rd round maybe 4th round RANGE..."

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Why didn't I get that trademarked/copyrighted? I could sue him now ****
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

I dunno Matt. I mean I know you brought it up like a week or 2 ago, but it seems like a term that has been around for over a year. I can't really prove it, but I doubt you can disprove it.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

That's not draft range....

that's "RANGE".

Comment

Yeah but NO ONE ELSE has used the word "range" along with the draft.

I was joking about him stealing it I just think it is funny he used my word 2 weeks later. I don't really think he stole it , just a coincidence but I am seriously thinking about copyrighting this word now so I could sue ESPN if he uses it again.

Comment

Ok so I did a google search for NFL Draft Range.

First link on Google is funny. It's from a Bears board with people bashing Matt. Think he's stupid because he has QB as a need for them. Homers, lol. And they were upset about having the Bears with the #1 pick in your 09 mock. I was entertained to find that.

Secondly, your article on walterfootball came up. Nice.

Then I scrolled down a little and found a 1/7/08 DraftKing mailbag article where Lou Pickney uses the term "draft range" http://www.draftking.com/nfl/news/2008/1-7-2008.shtml
          WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
          Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
            Yeah but NO ONE ELSE has used the word "range" along with the draft.

I was joking about him stealing it I just think it is funny he used my word 2 weeks later. I don't really think he stole it , just a coincidence but I am seriously thinking about copyrighting this word now so I could sue ESPN if he uses it again.
            I'd recommend it, keep it mind it might not go through with all the research that goes into it.

Comment

Matt, I hate to say I told you so but I TOLD YOU SO.
              If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
              Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

People have used range for were players might go forever.

Comment

No they haven't Bills red. I've never heard it before I created the term. I've never heard Kiper mention it or being mentioned on forums.

It is $35 to submit a work online to the US Copyright office which I am certainly doing tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

Jim Dandorf range is anywere from round 5-6.
                    I think I've heard it millions of time but if you want to waste $35 go ahead. But what are you going to say? I have created a new word? Range.

Comment

He can legally coin the term "Draft Range" and say "Range" for short as long as no one else has yet.
                      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                      Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

So he will Copyright the word "Range" then what I can't say it?

What if I copyright "Matt Ryan"?

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
                          Ok so I did a google search for NFL Draft Range.

First link on Google is funny. It's from a Bears board with people bashing Matt. Think he's stupid because he has QB as a need for them. Homers, lol. And they were upset about having the Bears with the #1 pick in your 09 mock. I was entertained to find that.

Secondly, your article on walterfootball came up. Nice.

Then I scrolled down a little and found a 1/7/08 DraftKing mailbag article where Lou Pickney uses the term "draft range" http://www.draftking.com/nfl/news/2008/1-7-2008.shtml
                          I've read the bashing for me having the Bears as having the #1 pick...they are homers and they will really suck. I don't care...plus when I googled "NFL Draft Range" my blog and mocks were the first to come up.

By the way I don't need a copyright I need a trademark and that would cost me $325 to fill out an application. Not sure if I want to do it now, but it would be worth every penny to sue Todd McFraud (in future).

Comment

You're such a ****ing copycat bills red with the Todd McShay avatar cuz I got Charles Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                              You're such a ****ing copycat bills_red with the Todd McShay avatar cuz I got Charles Davis.
                              I thought it was a new rule, put a avatar of a a$$hole????

Comment

Working...
                              X