Interesting piece on Michael Oher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting piece on Michael Oher

Backing my thoughts on him as who I feel is 50% likely to be the #1 pick in the 2009 Draft (and I've never been more sold on an elite talent going this high in the draft the season before).

It was already three hours into Saturday's spring football practice when Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt sent his players to the sideline to get ready for sprints. Predictably, the offensive linemen looked less than enthused. Many of the big guys stood with their hands on their knees, taking big gulps of air in an effort to catch their breath. But not Michael Oher. Instead, the 6-foot-6, 322-pound offensive tackle chatted with some of the coaches and looked like he had barely broken a sweat. When it was time to run, the senior easily beat the other linemen from sideline to sideline. "The other day Michael texted me and said he was in the best shape of his life," said his guardian, Sean Tuohy, who watched practice Saturday. "Now that I'm here watching, you can really tell the difference." Oher, a senior, declared for the NFL Draft in February but then changed his mind. Oher said offseason work with new strength coach Don Decker has been a big difference in his strength and stamina. "He's been unbelievable," Oher said. "We're working muscles that I didn't know we had. My bench has already gone up 70 pounds. That's something I've worked on since I got to Ole Miss, but it never went up. (Decker) got it up 70 pounds in five weeks." Oher has warmed up to Nutt and his new coaching staff in a hurry, which was partly the reason for him staying in college another season. - David Brandt, Jackson Clarion Ledger

Found this on NFLDraftScout.com by the way
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Man a Michael Oher that can bench 70 pounds more...I'd be so scared to line up against him next year. I've been pimping Houston Nutt for a while as having a big impact on Oher next year because I have a lot of respect for Nutt as a teacher of offensive lineman.

Comment

Anyone who hasn't read The Blind Side should. Oher's story is fascinating.
      Jacksonville Jaguars GM

2008 WalterFootball.com Mock Draft Selections:

Round 1, (26) Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
      Round 2, (58) Roy Schuening,G, Oregon State
      Round 3, (71) Eddie Royal, WR/KR, Virginia Tech
      Round 3, (89) Ray Rice, RB, Rutgers
      Round 4, (125) Barry Richardson, OT, Clemson
      Round 5, (147) Tommy Blake, DE, TCU
      Round 5, (158) Andre Fluellen, DT, Florida State
      Round 5, (159) Erik Ainge, QB, Tennessee

Comment

One of my favorite books and gives a big insight as to why the LT position is so critical in this league (I already knew but I learned about the history of the position).

Comment

Wow...I would be scared.
          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
          Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

He'll be a great prospect for sure. Here's to hoping he stays healthy his senior year.

Comment

I'm not sure what scares me more. Oher or clicking on a thread and always seeing Charles Davis smiling at me.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
                I'm not sure what scares me more. Oher or clicking on a thread and always seeing Charles Davis smiling at me.
                lol. eh!

Comment

literacy

7 years ago, Michael Oher could not read or play football.
                  Next year he will sign for $7-8 million guaranteed.
                  if that is not a success story, I don't know what is.

Totally recommend the book....

Comment

lol the #1 pick is going to get like 30-35 million guaranteed this year. Plus in the book Sean Tuhoy left Oher in his will ... so yeah the kid is loaded even if the doesn't play in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                    X