Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think of the playoff re-seeding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think of the playoff re-seeding?

I hope it goes through. I love the idea, and it will make week 17 worth watching when you team has a good year. Also gives homefield to the team that earned it.

do you have an article or link to what your talking about??

Comment

It is a good idea IMO. The Giants were obviously better then TB, yet they were on the read. It worked for the NBA, and it will work for the NFL.

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story;jse...o&confirm=true

My bad. there's one

Comment

Keep it the same

Comment

I like how the better record gets homefield but I think every division should be repped in the playoffs. If that happens I like the move.
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I agree. Every division should be represented but apart from the top tow seeds it is a good idea to give the home field to those who earned it.
              Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

It shouldn't be changed. You don't want to de-emphasize winning the division (or intra-division games), which should be every team's first goal.

You could also have a situation where a wildcard team is guaranteed a #3 or #4 spot ahead of a division winner, and therefore doesn't try as hard to win their own division.

Comment

Originally posted by Egg View Post
                  You could also have a situation where a wildcard team is guaranteed a #3 or #4 spot ahead of a division winner, and therefore doesn't try as hard to win their own division.
                  That's possible, but it happens far more often that a team locks up a weak division and tanks it the last 2 weeks. Just on the numbers it is harder to have this work the other way around, and would only happen with a 11-4 wildcard and 9-6 div winner going into week 17.

Comment

It's bull****, when you play in the AFC North and you have to play against 2 conferences that have no team with losing records.

Comment

Yeah but look at the NFC East...brutal division man.

Comment

Im torn. Reward a team for a great season or reward a team for fighting through their division. Kind of makes Division Championships worthless doesnt it?
                        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I don't think so because you still get to go to the playoffs...if you weren't guaranteed a playoff spot for winning the division I would be against it

Comment

Wrong thread?
                            Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                              Yeah but look at the NFC East...brutal division man.
                              Got nothing on the AFC West.

Comment

Working...
                              X