The following people lose credibility if Tebow goes Round 3-plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The following people lose credibility if Tebow goes Round 3-plus

Matt told me I will lose tons of credibility if Tim Tebow doesn't go in the first 2 rounds.

For the record, I thought I should point out that every single '09 mock in the NFL Mock Draft Database has Tebow going Top 5, except Matt's of course. The NFL Draft Site has Tebow going 2nd overall in 2010. Sports Genius doesn't have it but they compiled that mock 2 years ago.

http://walterfootball.com/draftdata.php (it's at the bottom)

Again, just thought I'd point out I won't be the only one not losing credibility.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Walter you need a page devoted to these long term picks/challenges/forecasts. You could include such things as the VY issue and everyone's opinion, that way when its put to bed those in the wrong can be told.

Comment

Yeah you all do lose credibility.

Good thing Walter you didn't lose any credibility for saying Mario Williams was the bad pick after his rookie season...I mean if you are any good aren't you suppoed to seperate yourself from the pack as opposed to being a follower?

I mean if I do think I am an elite draft analyst, then I think I should think like one, and not like a fan that thought Reggie Bush should have went #1 overall.

So yeah i think anyone that has tim tebow in the top 5 now or at any time (if he isn't a first round pick which I don't see happening unless he improves his mechanics drastically) should lose credibility and you know what if taht means every 2009 mock out there but mine yeah I think that puts me in a class by myself.

Sorry if I have an innovative opinion supported by logic.

Your Alex Smith #1 argument is a poor one becuase scouts and GMs wont' make the same mistake twice.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

And by the way if a lot of predictions that I went out on a limb turns out to be right, then yes I do deserve the title as one of the most elite NFL Draft analysts in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
          Walter you need a page devoted to these long term picks/challenges/forecasts. You could include such things as the VY issue and everyone's opinion, that way when its put to bed those in the wrong can be told.
          Well, no one's infallible. Some people think they aren't (), but everyone gets things wrong.

I'm not ****y or conceited enough to call myself an elite NFL expert. I'm a writer, first and foremost, who loves the NFL and everything about it.

I'd like to think I know a good amount about the draft, and I know what teams need and the like, but to say I'm an elite expert or something would be really presumptuous on my part. I would never do that, even if I was, which I don't think I am.
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I never said I was an elite NFL Draft expert I said if a lot of things that I am going out on a limb with come true yes I think that great accuracy does make me elite.

How else do you become "elite" or even get an elite title and quite frankly it doesn't matter because everyone is criticized no matter how good you are.

What I go after isn't how many web pages my mocks get, or to mix up my picks to boost hits on my mock drafts, what I go after is my goal of having the most accurate mock draft on the internet. That's my goal. Likely? Hell no that is shooting for the moon, but if I shoot for the moon and can fall in the clouds well that is pretty good.

I just want to be accurate to gain credibility, which I don't think I have proven yet since I haven't been publicized before a draft before. Easy to be a casual NFL draft watcher with all your ideas and no one there to criticize you but when you credibility is on the line (which is how I feel about this upcoming draft) you want to be the best. That's just how I am. I don't want to settle to be good, I want to be great.
            Last edited by Matt McGuire; 03-31-2008, 05:15 AM.

Comment

I never implied that...? I was just talking about myself.
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

It doesn't matter.

I don't care what anyone else says. And alot of those links you posted are very inaccurate sites over the past few years concerning the draft.

I respect the system QB label. I apologize for that and I apologize for doing the research in seeing what QBs work in the NFL and which don't. I apologize for doing my homework and forming a unique, logical opinion. I'm sorry I'm different. I don't know what else to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                  I never implied that...? I was just talking about myself.
                  Um yeah I call bull**** here I'm not stupid.

Comment

I was replying to Jimmy's post about settling the score after keeping track about who's right/wrong, hence the whole infallible issue. Sorry if you got the wrong idea.
                    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                      And by the way if a lot of predictions that I went out on a limb turns out to be right, then yes I do deserve the title as one of the most elite NFL Draft analysts in the world.
                      Matt's ego seems to b going strong. lol.
                      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                      Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

The NFL Draft Board or whatever for Juniors will promptly tell Tim Tebow to stay in school.

Comment

I need to see more from Tebow. The offense he is in does not show off all his skills. I wouldnt take him in the first round because there are too many questins due to the offense he plays in.
                          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                          Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I'm not a Tebow fan, but two things.

Hes much better than Alex Smith, and also Smith is best used in the spread, the 49ers were trying to operate a run first offense last year which failed badly due to several reasons.

Comment

Don't think I've ever spoken to someone with as much modesty as Matt...

Comment

Working...
                              X