• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drc

If you havent seen him play than here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoeJ6lhY9M8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFAc3...eature=related

scott wright on his blog said that he only has one kidney today.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

What's the story behind that, I wonder? Was it a donated kidney or did he need to have one removed?
      - Also known as Dan.
      - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

I don't know you can go to his site and view his blog though "the wright stuff"

Even gives some doctors opinions on the health of someone with one kidney and the concerns provided by people on the forum.

Comment

I remember reading something about this on nfldraftscout a couple of days ago. Apparently when he was born he had a non-functioning kidney and it was removed at age 8. Practically this means nothing except that in the event of an injury to the other kidney (quite uncommon in the NFL - avulsion happens mostly in sharp deceleration like hitting the ground after falling from a balcony).

My 0.02 as someone with a medical degree (blowing own trumpet here) is that this is of no real significance whatsoever to his ability to play in the NFL. Far more common problems like migraines and epilepsy would be way way way more of a concern.

Comment

True I mean how many players in the NFL need a new kidney?

And if he did lose it, coldn't he get a donor jimmy?

Comment

Why would you get a second kidney if you have one that's fully functional? You can live a perfectly normal life with a single kidney. It's a redundancy in the human body.
              - Also known as Dan.
              - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                True I mean how many players in the NFL need a new kidney?

And if he did lose it, coldn't he get a donor jimmy?
                He could but I doubt he'd ever play again. Transplants aren't all they're cracked up to be. The common perception is that its like replacing a tire on your car, just swap it over and you're good. In reality you need to take immunosuppressant drugs the rest of your life (as unless he has a twin the donor is never a perfect match) which render him susceptible to a whole host of things.

Look, in short, if I were an NFL GM this news would not affect my decision to draft him one iota.

Maybe Antonio could give him one of his kidneys?

Comment

Antonio is only his cousin, so it wouldn't be a perfect match, correct?

Comment

blood type has to be same (ithink)

Comment

Why are we worrying about him getting a transplant if he has a fully functional kidney?

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                        Why are we worrying about him getting a transplant if he has a fully functional kidney?
                        The entire point of internet forums is to blow everything way out of proportion.

Comment

Its no longer one kidney. HE HAS ONLY ONE ARM!
                          Walter got PWN3D
                          Rams GM

Picks
                          2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
                          33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
                          65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
                          101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
                          137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
                          168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
                          180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                            Antonio is only his cousin, so it wouldn't be a perfect match, correct?
                            That's right, I just threw that in because his cous plays in the NFL.

Firstly you need the right blood group but you also need these things called HLA (human leucocyte antigens) molecules to match. It gets complicated after that, basically the more things match, the less immunosuppressant drugs you need to take as there is less urge from the body to reject the kidney.

Also, I don't know either how we got to talking about this. HE'S NOT GOING TO LOSE HIS KIDNEY DURING HIS NFL CAREER!"

Comment

aye aye aye!

Comment

Working...
                              X