• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt McGuire's Pre-Draft Analysis: New Orleans Saints

http://walterfootball.com/mattpredraftno.php

Interesting trade proposal
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Not a bad trade for either team. Sounds reasonable.

Comment

Yeah. The only two things I'd note are that they have Dan Morgan penciled in at WLB right now. They may not draft an early linebacker.

The other thing I'd look at is Reggie Smith. I've had him going #10 to the Saints for a while. While he's just as big of a stretch as Kenny Phillips, he's a first round talent who's capable of playing cornerback and safety. By taking him, they can free up a slot later on in the draft to take the best player left in the secondary.
      - Also known as Dan.
      - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
        Yeah. The only two things I'd note are that they have Dan Morgan penciled in at WLB right now. They may not draft an early linebacker.

The other thing I'd look at is Reggie Smith. I've had him going #10 to the Saints for a while. While he's just as big of a stretch as Kenny Phillips, he's a first round talent who's capable of playing cornerback and safety. By taking him, they can free up a slot later on in the draft to take the best player left in the secondary.
        This is true, i cant find it right off hand but i believe it was a direct quote from Payton that he is planning on both Vilma and Morgan being on the field at the same time. And Fujita is solid enough to round out the trio.

Thats also why i still have them drafting Corner. And i would then expect them to either cut Jason David or try and trade him to a Tampa 2 friendly team like Detroit, Chicago, Tampa...

New Orleans will save $750,000 in cap space by cutting or dealing David before June 1st and $2.06 mil after June 1st ($1.31 mil of the cap is transferred to the 09 cap penalties if after June 1st)

Comment

I wouldnt mind seeing Keith Rivers with the Saints. Would be a good pick.
          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
          Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I'd like to see the trade up for Ellis, and with Matt Ryan on the board and the Bengals set at QB, Baltimore wouldn't be losing anything in the trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Smith View Post
              This is true, i cant find it right off hand but i believe it was a direct quote from Payton that he is planning on both Vilma and Morgan being on the field at the same time. And Fujita is solid enough to round out the trio.

Thats also why i still have them drafting Corner. And i would then expect them to either cut Jason David or try and trade him to a Tampa 2 friendly team like Detroit, Chicago, Tampa...

New Orleans will save $750,000 in cap space by cutting or dealing David before June 1st and $2.06 mil after June 1st ($1.31 mil of the cap is transferred to the 09 cap penalties if after June 1st)
              I don't think Detroit's the team. They got what they view as their two starting corners: Leigh Bodden and Brian Kelly. Kelly's questionable, but oh well. Chicago and Tampa? Maybe.

I think that the Saints will look at someone like Dan Connor if he's still around in Round 2. Vilma and Morgan both are coming off of injuries, and they'll need a guy who can step in if they're injured. Connor is a quality linebacker who can play anywhere on the line.
              - Also known as Dan.
              - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

they'll need a guy who can step in if they're injured.
                That's when they're injured in the case of Dan Morgan

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                  I don't think Detroit's the team. They got what they view as their two starting corners: Leigh Bodden and Brian Kelly. Kelly's questionable, but oh well. Chicago and Tampa? Maybe.

I think that the Saints will look at someone like Dan Connor if he's still around in Round 2. Vilma and Morgan both are coming off of injuries, and they'll need a guy who can step in if they're injured. Connor is a quality linebacker who can play anywhere on the line.

I wasn't suggesting he will actuall end up on any of those teams, was just naming a few Tampa-2 teams off the top of my head. And in all reality Chicago is the least likely of any Tampa 2 team (including Indianapolis) since they have a large amount of cash ties up in Charles Tillman, Nathan Vasher and Ricky Manning...

Like i said just naming a few teams.

Comment

True in both instances. =P
                    - Also known as Dan.

Comment

I, as a saints fan would like to see them get rid of David and draft a corner with their pick from the trade, but let me tell you, this is in my mock and everyone else's. The Saints will hesitate ti take Rivers. They would be perfectly ok with that. Dan Morgan is just a patch, not a long term solution. The Saints know that and they also know that rivers is a long term guy. Look for CB in the second or third. Also i doubt that Philips will be the pick as he is not very high on their draft board.

Comment

sorry, i meant that the Saints will NOT hesitate to take Rivers

Comment

You're a better source than I am, but I think that they'd be better served by taking a guy like Dan Connor. Keith Rivers is a WLB, maybe SLB. Connor plays all three positions. You have Dan Morgan at WLB, and Jonathan Vilma at MLB. You don't have much depth behind either of them.
                          - Also known as Dan.

Comment

i think connor would be a good idea as well and since he is a low first round pick (am i right?) the Saints could probably trade down (extra second and forth rounder?) and still pick him up

Comment

Connor could possibly slip to the Saints in the second round without them having to trade up.

Comment

Working...
                              X